GP2X Upload Ported Nes Emu To Archive.gp2x.de Help

zzhu8192

Still Fresh
This is a bit dumb, but I'm trying to upload my NES emu port to http://archive.gp2x.de/, but I'm having trouble with it. I assume you need to register to have upload privs, but when I try to register, the system seems to be hanging. Has anyone else run into issues with this? Any suggestions on alternatives? Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, I finally got a decent working NES emulator port for the gp2x.
I based it off fceu 0.81 now instead of fceu 0.98.12, which is the same path that the other
author (NoName?) took. FCEU 0.98.12 was just too slow, for whatever reason.

I struggled quite a bit with 0.75 and 0.8, as when compiled for ARM, they both had sprite bugs.
I finally figured out the reason, I think. When I split some of the arrays/data structures out into a separate file, without changing one line of functional code, everything worked! I'm guessing there's some kind of limitation on how big code + data segments can be for a single .o file when linking on arm? Exact same code works both ways when compiling for x86. I can provide more details if anyone is interested.

Anyway, now I have a port that can do 60 fps for most games without frame skipping internally or externally, and has battery save, save/load state, reset, and hardware screen stretch (although this looks pretty darn ugly). :D No built-in menu though, which is lame.

Sometimes the archive is a bit laggy. Wait 5 minutes and try again.
A new Nes emu... Gniiii. Cool !

Just out of curiosity, does your emu require overclocking to reach those speeds or is it running at the default 200MHz?

Ravnos posted on May 22 2006 at 12:03 PM said:
Just out of curiosity, does your emu require overclocking to reach those speeds or is it running at the default 200MHz?

No overclocking. default clock at 200 MHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, don't know what's causing this, usually, it's working fine...

But you can send it to EvilDragon@gp2x.de and I'll upload it ASAP.

EvilDragon posted on May 22 2006 at 04:28 PM said:
Weird, don't know what's causing this, usually, it's working fine...

But you can send it to EvilDragon@gp2x.de and I'll upload it ASAP.

Thanks. I was finally able to register an account. It was always hanging before when I clicked on register.
I will upload it myself after I polish up the readme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness! What a great port you've done, zzhu! Dare I say it's the best NES emulator we have on the GP2X? I think it is :)

Oh, and in your readme, it says you have to reset to choose a different ROM, but you can do JOY+L+R in order to go back to the selector menu.

Thanks!

Back