Update, please?

3vi1

Still Fresh
It's been over a month since the stats page was updated or an official news topic appeared. Can those of us anxiously awaiting our own instances of your wonder-machine please get an update as to how many units have shipped since?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Not enough obviously!

They are being sent out but sounds like it's down to a trickle from the 1000 per month they hoped to build.

We either wait, upgrade or cancel - hope not many cancel as that would cause mayhem!

Seems like we are down to 400/month, reffering to some german quote of ED:

Irgendwann hat natürlich auch das Geld seine Grenzen, und so kam es dann soweit, dass es eventuell gefährlich werden würde, wenn zuviele Leute stornieren oder die Auslieferung sich weiter so hinzieht (was sie leider tut, im Moment sind wir bei ca. 400 Pandoras pro Monat).

http://www.boocompany.com/index.cfm/content/story/id/16069/

This was not stated in the german boards but as a result of a pr-campaign started by a german troll.

Well, 400 per month was just this month because of that stupid issues where a lot of the recent produced boards had Wifi issues (you might've seen, some even slipped through to customers).

In April it was about 700 boards and as soon as the WiFi issue those board have has been fixed, there will be more boards as well.

Also, Batch 2 is currently being setup, using a new PCB revision.

This revision doesn't add new features, but it improves some areas which had repeating issues (L/R-Buttons, etc.) so that the boards that will have less issues. That should be another speedup. :)

Next month we'll hope to get a higher amount of PCBs again and after that, Batch 2 should start already, meaning that we should haven even less issues and more speed.

Well, 400 per month was just this month because of that stupid issues where a lot of the recent produced boards had Wifi issues (you might've seen, some even slipped through to customers).

In April it was about 700 boards and as soon as the WiFi issue those board have has been fixed, there will be more boards as well.

Also, Batch 2 is currently being setup, using a new PCB revision.

This revision doesn't add new features, but it improves some areas which had repeating issues (L/R-Buttons, etc.) so that the boards that will have less issues. That should be another speedup. :)

Next month we'll hope to get a higher amount of PCBs again and after that, Batch 2 should start already, meaning that we should haven even less issues and more speed.

Thanks, Ed. I appreciate you taking the time to give us that info, and it's great to see that you guys are not becoming complacent and are continually improving the product.

It's been over a month since the stats page was updated or an official news topic appeared. Can those of us anxiously awaiting our own instances of your wonder-machine please get an update as to how many units have shipped since?

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Jeez, guys. Give the man some space to work.

Do you want Him to post every time he does something or do you actually want Him to, you know, do it?

I'm sorry if this is harshly worded, but these kinds of topics are starting to bug me. :|

Jeez, guys. Give the man some space to work.

Do you want Him to post every time he does something or do you actually want Him to, you know, do it?

I'm sorry if this is harshly worded, but these kinds of topics are starting to bug me. :|

I'll have to agree with DustinVgmaster. I will admit, the weekly updates were nice, and it was sort of cool to see the inner workings of production. But most of those threads exploded with rants and raves from a few members; Evil Dragon and other members usually ended up spending a lot of time putting out fires on those threads. They have better things to do, and appeasing people on the boards would be probably very stressful. You can check them out, they usually ended up being six to ten pages long and it was always the same discussion.

If something dramatic happened that changed production (say, CC the board maker being hit by a meteor), they'd let us know. Otherwise, Pandoras will keep being produced and sent all over the world.

Back