GP2X Unusual Input Behavior

timbobsteve

Hi All,

I recently compiled a toolchain and set of libs for use in GP2niX, thanks to ooPo and payern.

To test the toolchain and libs I downloaded Guyfawkes SDL-Test program and compiled it using my toolchain. Upon testing the compiled binary I found some wierd results.

During the "Test Input" section of the program X and Y button mappings are reversed (where pressing Button X == "Y Pressed" vice-versa). First thing I did was check the code that I compiled and it seems correct according to the Wiki information. The code in the header for sdltest.gpe is correct for mapping.

Just to make sure, I tested the precompiled binary that came with the SDL-Test code and it has the correct mappings X Button == X etc.

No other buttons were affected on my test app, just the reversal of X and Y.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? and how to fix it? I do hope it has nothing to do with my toolchain, as it has taken a while to get one setup.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have already read those pages on the wiki. None of them give any idea of why it occurs or how to fix it.

The only reference is the 2 lines in the discussion as follows:

Hmm... this is surprising: I tested it last night and my controls for X and Y were reversed. I tried several times. X is at the bottom, right? --Titousensei
ok it turns out the button mappings in open2x sdl didnt match the ones used on the retail gp2x. fixed in cvs -- theoddbot

Can someone tell my why this happens. Afterall it seems to work for Guyfawkes, because he provided a pre-built binary with the SDL-Test package that was compiled with the same code.

Hmmm... I am confused. Will this always happen for me (because of my toolchain setup?) or has it only happened on this one occurance.

The last comment says it all, doesn't it? X&Y were swapped between developers pre-release and retail kits. So you probably got a mismatching definition of X and Y in your SDL library and the test application; for the prebuild one, they do match.
Check what you have and what the program defines. The right defines are the one in the wiki.

P.

Back