Unsung Hero - GPColem

Bohica

Thanks to my young daughter waking me up an a stupid hour this morning, I've had a few bonus hours to play my GP32. I haven't had the chance to pick it up in a few weeks and...

I have to say that for anyone who hasn't tried CPColem yet, you're missing out. It's simply fantastic. I never had much truck with the console, but on GP32 it'll keep me going until we have a more comprehensive MAME emulator.

A few recommended games are:
Tapper
Mr Do!
Gyruss (excellent version)
Time Pilot (little ropey, but still)
Moon Patrol (excellent).

Just thought I'd shout about it as it seems to get so little attention. :D

Oh - and Law of the West on C64, which sucked a bit on computer, is v. cool GP32.

Mark.

Glad to see someone else likes this excellent emulator.

The Colecovision was a pretty nifty console really and as you say there are some great arcade conversions on it.

Oher games I would recommend are

Donkey Kong Jr.
Galaxian
Q*Bert
Spy Hunter

Edit

For some reason I can't get Bump 'n' Jump to work which is a pity as that was a great conversion as well.

Donkey Kong Jr.
Galaxian
Q*Bert
Spy Hunter
Forgot about Spy Hunter - it's as good as arcade perfect. That's what happens when you post messages after getting up a some dumb hour in the morning...

Haven't tried Bump 'n' Jump - but there are definitely a few titles that don't work no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you're a Qbert fan, check out Qbert 3 for SNES, runs excellent speed on SnesEmu 156MHz.

the game is a wonderful follow-up to the series, an actual derivative and not a "let's just keep the title" knock off. I am having a lot of fun with it right now (hint, choose an alternate controller setting at the options, the deault is terrible!)

Back