Just Used Gpcinema For 1st Time

ralp99

I have had my GP32 over a year now and was pretty much a detractor of GPCinema/moviepark ("why watch movies when you can play games!")

well as you know it's free now and the timing couldn't have been better, I messed with it a little and just flew LA-Boston (and back - @6hrs each way). I haven't mastered the Vdub settings by far, but I did squeeze a lot onto my cards (shelled out for 2 more for the trip - only had 1 card already, and it was fulla games).

Anyway between the 2 cards I got about 5hrs of (rather compressed) video, but it was excellent for the flight and made for the most enjoyable one ever. I can see it being useless if you've got a laptop, I don't have one though and GPCinema definitely did the trick.

I used frameskip 4, 160x120 screensize (so the screen was only 1/2 size) but the stuff I was watching didn't need to be "all pretty" so I was satisfied. Recommended!

btw - very nerdy I know.. I compressed 5 extra hours of stuff, threw onto a CD-rom, and brought a flash card reader with me so I could swap it after the trip out (knowing I'd have access to a computer, somewhere).

Back