Unofficial patches

Vitel

Website
vminko.org
I propose to post in this thread Pandora-related patches, which won't be merged to the official repos due to some reason, but may be useful to somebody.

Moderators: when I try to attach .patch or .diff, I get "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".

Please change the forum policy appropriately.

Last edited by a moderator:
right-shoulder-btn-as-fn.patch is a linux patch, which maps Fn to the right shoulder button. I.e. it swaps Fn and RCtrl.

This patch won't be merger to the Pandora Kernel Repository since it contradicts the official keymap.

Should be applied to the 2.6.27 version.

Attachments

• right-shoulder-btn-as-fn.txt
    4 KB · Views: 477
right-shoulder-btn-as-fn.patch is a linux patch, which maps Fn to the right shoulder button. I.e. it swaps Fn and RCtrl.

This patch won't be merger to the Pandora Kernel Repository since it contradicts the official keymap.

Should be applied to the 2.6.27 version.

How about a patch to make SHIFT sticky like Fn? ;)

(but not lock like caps lock, meaning it goes to false after presisng one letter capital)

How about a patch to make SHIFT sticky like Fn? ;)

(but not lock like caps lock, meaning it goes to false after presisng one letter capital)

I hate this feature of Fn so I removed it in my patch. And I don't understand, why would you need it when Shift and Fn are easily accessible via shoulder buttons. Sticky modifiers are useful on devices with ugly keyboards (like smartphones), but not on Pandora IMHO.

BTW, I updated the patch and added few additional Fn-mappings. This is how the final layout looks like:

http://vminko.org/gallery/Pandora/Shoulderized-Fn%20keyboard%20layout

TBD: write keymaps for kernel and xorg.

Attachments

• shoulderized-fn-layout.txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 98
I would have to have a panda in my hands before making recommendations

but i am a bit worried about the bash/C friendliness of all the special characters

Back