Unofficial Pandora spare parts and repair center in Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Linux-SWAT doesn't want to operate a postal repair service, you should ask EvilDragon or his staff at the Dragonbox shop:

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/contact-us

My experiences with them have been highly positive, and you should get a reply within a a few days (or minutes (!), depending on who is answering questions at the time)

Alternatively, you could PM ED - don't do both, as this tends to make things less wieldy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I've still got a Classic Pandora with a defective touchscreen that's causing me no end of problems. Don't suppose you can repair these?

I currently have no spare screen, but i can take a look.

Maybe i can ask ED to bring some at FOSDEM.

What are the problems exactly ?

The screen won't calibrate properly, it's always a few centimetres out and using some programs it's also like its being constantly pressed if you understand what I mean, for instance when I try using the PC Engine emulator which supports the touch screen I'm always dragged over to the left. I thought it might be a control numb problem, but using something like MAME that doens't use the touchscreen seems to work ok.

Did you tried to unscrew a bit the screws around the screen ?

Did you checked if something isn't stuck between the lid and the screen ?

Tried unscrewing the screws, haven't checked between the lid and the screen, bit worried if I take it apart I won't be able to put it back together again.

hi,

I live in poland, and i think i broke my Pandora, and i need to repair it, or upgrade to 1GHz, do you know, where could I do it fast? it was a present from my girlfriend, and I do not want to make her sad:(

dam that suxs well you would have to send it to ed in Germany is my guess. what got broken on it?

dam that suxs well you would have to send it to ed in Germany is my guess. what got broken on it?
  1. Ask about the problem on these forums - It might be possible to fix without sending it back for repairs
  2. Send it back to EvilDragon (dragonbox)
It sounds like your girlfriend has great taste in presents ;)

Here's the Open Pandora Germany address:

Michael Mrozek
c/o Gepixelt GmbH
Schäffbräustr. 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

In Paris, i don't do postal, i only sell and repair face to face.

well, at first my chasis was crackling and squiking, So I decided to open it up, to find why it does that. When I found that the problem was with the stylus holder, I fixed it, but when I screwed it back, I found that it didnt show proper colorus (like green colour was missing), So I opened it back, plugged the AC adapter, and probably it was something I should not do.

Now it does not react on plugging AC adapter, but it reacts on battery, and the vision is gone, but i suspect the cable... I was not uble to open the screen part, and was afraid of breaking it.

and that is the whole story

Sounds like several problems getting in the way of each other - I'd advise sending it back to ED.

Hello,

It seems my pandora has little trouble.

I think it's due to the LCD cable.

When I open the pandora, the screen became green or pink and sometimes the image is off.

I've tried to unscrew a bit the screw around the screen, it has no effect.

Could we see in paris for repair please ?

I currently have no spare lcd cable :/. I'm waiting for the tv-out shipment.

But i can try to get some if it's urgent.

Hello,

I have a new spare lcd cable from Dragon Box know.

Could we see in Paris for replacement in my pandora ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Linux-Swat, do you still do repair in your Paris Shop ?

My 1Ghz unit suffers from differents defects :

- a touchscreen calibration offset, very annoying while playing Drastic.

- a "can't go up" left nub, in facts it works nice a fews minutes after reset and then it begins go up slower and slower until It can't go up anymore.

- a broken power swicth, I used shutdown menu to suspend/turn off and remove/replace battery to power on, so I can live with it

- the "purple tint of the death", it's more and more often, It can be solve by moving or pushing around the Lid.

May be there are other solutions than replacement to my problems, I don't know...

Yes, I still do repairs in Paris, but not in the shop anymore.

1 - did this problem occurred from the beginning (if not, may be linked to the defective cable) ? Whene did you ordered this unit

2 - I don't do nub soldering. I don't have spare ones, I don't have a thin enough solder, I never did that so i'm not confident. Maybe there's a way to fix that without replacing, I didn't read much about nubs problems as I never had some

3 - I don't have a replacement switch. I'll ask Askarus if it's easy to replace, if yes I'll ask him to send me a couple

4 - I can replace LCD, and LCD cables, but i have no spare cable for now. Should have some soon (a matter of weeks i think)

First, thank you for you quick reply,

1) The order was a long long time ago, but I got it since July 2012, I only used the stylus since Drastic is out, but I used to play a little with drawing software and everything works as expected. The problem occured a few month ago and only the upper part of the screen is affected by the offset, it get less important as the touched area goes down the screen.

2) Aaarg, I'm using nubs for desktop env as mouse replacement, I hope, I'll to find a solutions, may be it's just dust and it can be remove with compressed air can ?

3) As I said It's not that important, as I can use software to suspend/shutdown, so don't spend your time just for me.

4) I previously got a screen problem (dead pixels) and send my Pandora to germany for RMA, I get it back with a new screen plus the old one, but I did not check if the cable is here too, I have to check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back