Uniracers For Snes

b._.o._.b

I really enjoyed the pocketsnes release and tried some snes games that I have played before. I remembered playing uniracers in the past and tried it on pocketsnes v2. It plays rather good on it , you can get full speed on 240 mhz (I can't overclock more than that)

Uniracers.gif

The game:

In this game you are a unicycle with the ability to twist, turn, flip in an incredible speed. You can play against the clock or against the snes. There are many tracks you can compete in and the tracks are really challenging and fun.

This is not a 'normal' racing game. The twisting, turning, flipping bit is really important to gain speed and complete a level. The first time you'll compete in a new track you will probably lose, you need to learn how the track is build to make the right decisions. Because of the speed you'll mostly not be able to make the right choices right away.

Graphics

Great graphics! Colourful and really add to the appeal of the game.

Score: 9/10

Sound

Superb music that pumps up the action, with the right sound effects.

Score: 9/10

Gameplay

Love it. There are not many games that give me an adrenaline boost while playing. This is one of the few.
If you like fast racing games, and don't mind the not realistic theme and the camera view, you will have a great time playing it.
You will have to learn how to make the moves, but I don't think it's really hard and the learning curve is exactly right (for me that is.. )

Score: 10/10

Overall

What can I say more... an almost perfect game.

Score: 9.5/10

Do you want to see the game in action: a small review with video (not mine)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL61YhNzt_M

Last edited by a moderator:
i forgot about this one...
i saw it somewhere and thought that i should play it
i never got around to it tho..
i belive i tried it on squidgesnes but no luck
horray for reesy!!

cheers

EDIT: great fun!! been playing it
trid pac in time too... loved it on gameboy but i can't figure how to exit on this one :(

This game was called Unirally in europe, it would certainly grad pretty high if I ever made a list of my favourite games of all time. Too bad the guys that made it changed their name to rockstar north and have only been doing grand theft auto sequels in the last years :(

I just want to mention that this thing also runs great with Picodrive... :)
What? There was a Genesis version? :eek:

When I was growing up, I only had a Genesis (and was very happy with it, so I never wanted a SNES), but I recall this being one of the few SNES games that actually peaked my interest back then. Not sure why... maybe because it's so fast, and the animation was so fluid. Once I played it on an emulator years later, I wasn't as thrilled about it as I thought I would be, but it was still a decent game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure there's a Megadrive version? I seem to remember it being a Nintendo only game. If you entered your name as SEGA it told you you weren't cool!
I love Unirally, spent a lot of happy hours playing this after school. Nice review..

I like this game too, i wonder if there is a flash version somewhere? It's the kind of game which would work well as a flash app.

That youtube review is cool, i like that heroin addicts style. He has a lot of amiga reviews on there, worth checking out.

Back