Unbricking

Miknal

Hey, my gp2x is running the firmware 2.0, I tried upgrading to 3.0, and after the green screen (the one that says it is loading) it went black, so I switched it off. Now when I turn it on it will not go past the green screen. Is there any way to fix this without the technical hooking it up to a pc stuff? Because I lack the equipment to do that.

To be honest, I know nothing about this stuff, is there any where I can send it to get it fixed?

If you hold down start and select does it try to update again?

If it does just get a SD reader and put on a older firmware and see if it will reinstall it.

Also when you go to FW 3 make sure that you have nothing in your nand memory.

It doesn't do anything i am afriad, it just hangs on the green screen.

OK I have not messed mine up that bad yet. See if you can find someone with breakout box or just order one.

Since it gets to the green screen, the bootloader should be ok. Try to install 2.0. It could also be that U-boot (the bootloader) doesn't like your sd card. Also make sure your batteries are fully charged (when mine were almost dead, I couldn't get past the black "GP2X" screen).

I treid to install the 2.0 firmware, but that requires me to run it from the game menu, which I obviously can't do if I can't get past the green screen!

And yeah the batteries are charged.

So, does anyone know of anywhere I can send it to to get it fixed?

Er no. If you can get to the green screen, your bootloader is still intact and you can install a new firmware. Just make sure you have a Firmware upgrade - compatible SD card.

Back