Unbiased Opinion On Some Ds Flash Cards

R.B

I would like to get an unbiased opinion on some DS flash cards but it is difficult at the moment because DS Flash card owners are having an love affair with the DSTWO Flash Card

I would like to know just for the record, in your opinion which of the M3iZero,DSTWO is best for DS Games and which of the iPlayer, DSTWO is best for GBA Games

I think the iPlayer and SCDSTwo use the same code for playing GBA games, so there probably both the same for that.

WolfSpider said:
I think the iPlayer and SCDSTwo use the same code for playing GBA games, so there probably both the same for that.

Actually they are different and the iPlayer Card has better compatibly for GBA Games but that does not make it a better Card

Last edited by a moderator:
If you had asked about GBA 2 weeks ago I would have said get a CycloDS Evo and an EZ 3 in 1 slot 2 expansion as it's by far the best option. Unfortunately it seems the Cyclo team have given up. Site and forum are gone(read the threads at GBAtemp)but there is an unofficial site called CycloDS Revolution. Search around and see which other cards are compatible with the EZ 3 in 1. You can still get a CycloDS Evolution but I wouldn't expect anymore updates. This doesn't have any impact on GBA emulation mind you, that will still work fine but future DS games will need patches. The only difference is the Evo is a little steep and you can find other cards for this that are much cheaper. It uses GBA Exploader which is way better than No$GBA imo. Check out the Edge cart. It's basically a clone of the Evo and should work fine with the 3 in 1. Rumor is the two teams were affiliated some how, idk. I think I remember reading that the AceKard works with it as well.

SONY said:
What is the point of this thread when you've had (at one point of time or another) all these cards before, but sold them, because you weren't satisfied!!!?

I am after other people's opinion not mine

SONY said:
What? So you can get some positive feedback on a particular card and then buy it, only to sell it 2 weeks later!?

Retard.
dry.gif
You are not a very nice person are you

SONY said:
I know, I've read the rules many times...I read it at least once every 2 months.

If thats the case then cleanup you act, just because another user might behave odd in your opinion does *NOT* excuse an attack on them.
Your posting behavior in the last week has been questionable, consider this a warning.

SONY said:
Lol, you're a funny one aren't you. The next thing you know, you'll be telling everyone that I'm craigix.
I still think craig is red baron

Orion4874 said:
If you had asked about GBA 2 weeks ago I would have said get a CycloDS Evo and an EZ 3 in 1 slot 2 expansion as it's by far the best option. Unfortunately it seems the Cyclo team have given up. Site and forum are gone(read the threads at GBAtemp)but there is an unofficial site called CycloDS Revolution. Search around and see which other cards are compatible with the EZ 3 in 1. You can still get a CycloDS Evolution but I wouldn't expect anymore updates. This doesn't have any impact on GBA emulation mind you, that will still work fine but future DS games will need patches. The only difference is the Evo is a little steep and you can find other cards for this that are much cheaper. It uses GBA Exploader which is way better than No$GBA imo. Check out the Edge cart. It's basically a clone of the Evo and should work fine with the 3 in 1. Rumor is the two teams were affiliated some how, idk. I think I remember reading that the AceKard works with it as well.

I have both an EZFlash 3in1 and a CycloDS Evolution. I know, it's sad they have given up, they used to fix games really quickly! I guess the AceKard and an EZFlash the runner-up in my opinion, but I have never had an AceKard, so I cannot say for sure. A friend of mine has an AceKard for his DS, and an R4i for his DSi. I haven't really asked him about them, though. He didn't have a slot 2 cart like an EZFlash, though.

Here's the deal:

I have not had any problems with playing GBA games at all with GBA Exploader, except with the built-in gba loader where some games would not save properly. I don't know if it's been fixed yet since I haven't used my CycloDS in about half a year because my DS is broken (see signature) but it probably has been. I have to check the changelog on CycloDS Revolution. I would honestly recommend the CycloDS and an EZFlash3in1. The CycloDS far outlives (it still works!) my old flashcart (Datel GnM) and supported my 8GB MicroSD card. It has a HUGE load of features that I love, including multiple save slots and save states. It has an in-game menu for DS games (which I absolutely love). I'm not going to ramble on about all of the wonderful features. I used it mainly for NES emulation, SNES emulation, GBC emulation, tonnes of random homebrew applications and games, all my favourite DS games, and of course I enjoyed GBA titles such as Metroid Fusion and Rayman 3. It takes a while if you write the GBA games to NOR, but it's worth it. You can write smaller roms (>16 I believe) to another type of memory on the EZFlash (forgot what it's called) and it is faster because it loads data as needed, not all at once. You have (probably) 99% compatibility with games because the games aren't emulated. I have played newer titles like Spyro: Eternal Night and it worked well.

I've had them for... (counts fingers) about 3 years. Maybe I could sell them...

Back