Ultima Online Client?

pariah

Was thinking earlier today about how cool it would be to have an Ultima Online client on p&|a. Since there are a couple open source clients, and at least one of them is for Linux, could this be a possible port?

Just a thought.

p B)

i used to love that game :)
I didn't even know there were open source clients, that's just so fking nice!
judging from what the game looked like, and the original recommended specs, i'd say it would be pretty possible for it to run perfectly, and it would be so kickass with a touchscreen ;)
great idea! thx!

Yup. Diablo II would be the shit. Is there source?

and, .Gogeta§§J4BR., I hadn't even thought about the touchscreen. Man that would be really cool.

p

pariah said:
Was thinking earlier today about how cool it would be to have an Ultima Online client on p&|a. Since there are a couple open source clients, and at least one of them is for Linux, could this be a possible port?

Just a thought.

p B)
It's a possibility- but it's going to require OGRE 3D being ported (At least for the one I know of that's FOSS...) and the textures, etc. including the code to fit in the 128Mb system memory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's just an idea. Wish I had more coding chops, I'd take a swing at it myself.

Svartalf said:
pariah said:

Just a thought.

p B)
It's a possibility- but it's going to require OGRE 3D being ported (At least for the one I know of that's FOSS...) and the textures, etc. including the code to fit in the 128Mb system memory.

You're referring to Iris? I also found this, but the sourceforge page for it seems to be having db problems as I type this.

Ravnos said:
You're referring to Iris? I also found this, but the sourceforge page for it seems to be having db problems as I type this.

Yeah- I knew of Iris. Looks decently promising- if it'll all fit. As for any others, I didn't know of 'em until you mentioned the other one (don't play UO or any other mmog...).
Since the other looks like it's tiled 2D like UO's client used to be, then that'd probably go right on without issues- if it's not developed bitrot.

Ultima Online client would be killer app for Pandora. It would be awesome. Sounds too good to become true... I think there are many gamers but only few real programmers so it's impossible to fulfill all those requests. :(

Back