Grive - Dropbox-like functionality with Google Drive account, for Linux

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
This is an open source client : https://github.com/Grive/grive  to synchronize your Google Drive account to a folder on your machine. Since it's open source, it could be ported for Pandora easily, I believe. 

Hence could be interesting to build for Pandora, for all of us who are missing a good Dropbox alternative... 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was missing Dropbox on Pandora too. My workaround is clunky but working for me:

* install Pandebian

* install Grsync in Pandebian from it's repo

* install davfs2 in Pandebian from it's repo

* make an account at box.com

* follow this guide on mounting box.com as webdav

Then everytime you want to sync do this:

* start Pandebian

* start Pandebian share (to share one of your SD cards with Pandebian - actually you might have to do this already when setting up the box mounting, I'm not sure now)

* mount your box from Pandebian's terminal (follow the guide above)

* start and setup Grsync in Pandebian (mounted box as a remote dir, your local dir as target dir; read the info at exclamation mark icon next to Source and destination field in Grsync)

You might get some errors during the sync but for me there was never a real problem with files that were synced.

I'm auto-syncing box.net with one of my Dropbox folders locally on windows desktop PC via normal local folder sync app. Clunky but woking :)

Nonetheless, I'd like to see some Pandora native folder (semi)auto-sync solution too. There is nice python based Dropbox client for N900 which might be an option if somebody with python skills would look at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cube, glad you found a solution but that's hardly plug and play :)

I would be willing to go for Google Drive instead of Dropbox thanks to Grive being now available (my first post) and open-source. I think that should make it much easier to keep synced folders on the Pandora. 

Back