Uk Ps3 Price Drop Already?

CUPC4KES

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH.....
Website
Visit site
i was in town yesterday and in gamestation and wh smith, i noticed were selling the ps3 for £399, in gamestation you even get an xmen 3 blueray movie with it, apparently the guy in gamestation reckoned theyd dropped the price because they hadnt sold as many as theyd expected and were trying to get rid of stock, although its still too expensive for me and theres no games i really want.

When it goes down past £350, then I'll pick one up...

My local tesco has had a huge pile of them since launch day, and now they are offering a free game + controller for the same price as the pile has hardly moved.

Just too expensive.. but can you get a Wii anywhere at the RRP? Seems they are too cheap!

Damn you!

Tempting me away from buying a Wii :p

I've checked ebay and this price cut has dropped the price on there to about £300. It's extremely tempting, but I'm going to withhold for now.

i wanted to sell my wii for a ps3 but the other half wont let me, it hasnt even been switched on for a month but she insists she must have it <_<

craigix said:
Just too expensive.. but can you get a Wii anywhere at the RRP? Seems they are too cheap!
best thing to do if you want a Wii at the RRP is to pre order one from gamestation and you will have it within 1 - 3 weeks. The thing is, I dont see how its actually selling so well as its no way near as good as the 360 or PS3... I havent used my Wii for ages now but once I get a Gamecube pad It will get used because I just grabbed the Wii Multi Rom Emulator pack which has the following goodies inside :) -

NES (772 Roms)
SNES (744 Roms)
Sega Master System (268 Roms)
Sega MegaDrive\Sega Genesis (713 Roms)
PC Engine\Turbo Grafx 16 (96 Roms)

The WiiKey chip realy does help to make the wii fun :D

Also PLAY are doing the PS3 for £399 with a free HDMI cable and BLU Ray movie.

In Japan (Think its JApan) the PS2 is still out selling the PS3.... Overall I think the PS3 is going to be a slow selling console untill the price drops to £300 with a free game or 2 and extra pad then it will sell alot more...

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this out a while back. Its kinda funny. And im the same with my Wii. I turn it on to use the internet when i can't get to a computer but it just infuriates me as Nintendo haven't yet released a compatible keyboard to make typing less arguous. I specifically went out and bought Heatseeker for the Wii as i thought it would be fun. Its good but I just want to be able to fly around a level where bots can come in and you just shoot them down but all there is is a story mode and some out dated graphics for the ground buildings, textures and ground and sea targets. The planes look nice though. Oh and from what i've heard, game stores across the world are stock piling the Wii and then sell them all on a given date. This was in an interview i read where they questioned about 10 employees who worked in game stores.

PS. how much did that WiiKey chip cost you Steve-O and where'd you get it from?

I'm loving the Wii, it's been ages since a games system entertained me so much, actually it belongs to my mother. When she said she wanted a Wii I knew Nintendo must be doing something right.

I'll probably get a 360 for GTA4 though!

craigix said:
I'm loving the Wii, it's been ages since a games system entertained me so much, actually it belongs to my mother. When she said she wanted a Wii I knew Nintendo must be doing something right.

I'll probably get a 360 for GTA4 though!
games like Rainbow 6 Vegas, Dead rising, Gears of war and Test drive are keeping me off the Wii.. you should get one as Xbox Live is just amazing :D

I also have a wii and I must say it is they best system I have ever owned it terms of fun. My PS3 hardly gets any use, I only play Resistance on it like maybe 2-3 times a month. The longest I played it was 2 hours. Where as Ive played my wii up to 10 hours in one sitting. lol

The Wii for me is really lacking any really decent titles. I've finished Zelda Twilight Princess (excellent) and am wondering what the hell I'm going to play next.

Maybe Excite Truck. I don't know.

Super Paper Mario is quite good (And yes, it works on a PAL Wii with the Wiikey :D ).. Just been playing it but the thing that pisses me off with it is all the talking you have to click through....

I dont understand what everyones fascination is with excite truck. Don't get it. Its fun the first time you play it then it becomes boring and arguous kinda like Wii Sports although the tennis is the only one i play anyway. The Wii is definitely lacking decent titles. There are some good ones out there like Dragonball Z from wat ive read and Godfather is supposed to be good. But its gonna be a while before the UK sees the good titles. Super Paper Mario wont be out in europe until July at earliest and what have we got to play until then.....Mario Strikers Charged. Wow. The only upside to that is its online but even then i wont be getting it. Bring on Super Smash Bros Brawl, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.

And even if the Wii is low on games, go and get some gamecube games. Im gonna go out and get Tales Of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos and Fire Emblem again as I loved those on the GC and im gonna continue my hunt for a PAL version of Beyond Good And Evil on GC

Ganepark32 said:
There are some good ones out there like Dragonball Z from wat ive read and Godfather is supposed to be good. But its gonna be a while before the UK sees the good titles. Super Paper Mario wont be out in europe until July at earliest and what have we got to play until then
Thats where the 75% Region Free part of the WiiKey comes in and helps :)

I was gonna ask you that Steve-O as I was wondering about the region free capabiliies. Tell me, If i get one and put it in my Wii, would I still need a freeloader disc for import gamecube games or does the chip cover it?

Oh and thanks Nova, I've bookmarked it for later. Its near impossible to find Beyond Good And Evil in the shops and especially for the GC. Thats the reason its more expensive than the other versions. Who else here is awaiting an announcement for a sequel to BG&E? I certainly am. I finished it as a friend gave me a loan of it but i loved it so much i wanna get it again.

Back