Ubuntu EEE on Pandora?

looks pretty similiar to GMenu2X, but with L/R tabs on the sides instead of top if you ask me.

Thats Netbook Remix interface and yeah gmenu2x looks pretty similar so would be a little pointless. I cant see Ubuntu on the Pandora without anything but the full desktop (which ever one they decide to use).

Netbook Remix is buggy as hell right now and eats RAM like crazy. I don't really think it would be a good idea to try and use it on the Pandora. At least not until the code is cleaned up a bit and it's more stable.

Tensuke said:
I'd like to see Ubuntu MID edition myself... <_<
But it seems to require too much RAM.

The pandora is supposed to be hackable right?

We may be able to solder some more RAM on.

I've got enough of it lying around the place :p

andy_js said:
The pandora is supposed to be hackable right?

We may be able to solder some more RAM on.

I've got enough of it lying around the place :p
As far as I know, the RAM is part of the OMAP package, i.e cannot be upgraded or expanded.

Im new to ubuntu and currently using EDUBUNTU - superb distro of Linux and i am really impressed with
it ,still getting used to the whole installer difference between windows, but apt is a great idea at the same
time.

Anyways is there any plans to port edubuntu to Pandora - what are the differences between edubuntu
and Ubuntu ? will it be possible to install Ubuntu and then upgrade the interface to ED - also can KDE
run without problems on Pandora Ubuntu - i ask this as its the same with everything on Pandora
that before we start to imagine all the cool stuff the ARM CPU in the Pandora always says NO !

Edubuntu is my first ever distro - are there others similar that people prefer ?
just interested in knowing what else is out there.

Paddy

Back