Uae4all_gp2x_0.7.0 Questions

Hallie Miles

Still Fresh
As I said in another thread, I've been running through the TOSEC set with the new Amiga emulator, and it is amazing! I can't believe how many things run on my little hand-held now. I do have a few questions on usage, however:

Is there a way to incorporate my settings for mouse speed (5) and status line (on) in the tweak file? It's a nuisance having to set them every time I restart the program.

Is there a way of changing the screen resolution? Most games leave a good inch of black at the bottom of the screen while the picture is all mooshed up. Or, conversely, I've found a couple that have the bottom cut off, usually a status or control bar.

I'm assuming that the number framed in red on the left of the status line is the frame rate; does it mean anything when the frame flashes? With a couple of the games that DON'T run it'll flash 6 times, over and over again until I reboot the Amiga. Is this an error code? If so, what does it mean?

Also, I've never seen this number above 51; is this full speed for the emulator? If I remember my Amiga days rightly, that's the PAL speed, but I know some of the stuff I have is NTSC, so I should be seeing a 60 now and then. :)

Anyway, great work, guys! I remember back in the day when all of the magazines were crying for a portable Amiga, and they were talking about a laptop; they'd be floored to see this thing running.....

Hallie Miles said:
Is there a way to incorporate my settings for mouse speed (5) and status line (on) in the tweak file? It's a nuisance having to set them every time I restart the program.
Working on this now, next release will have command line options.

Hallie Miles said:
Is there a way of changing the screen resolution? Most games leave a good inch of black at the bottom of the screen while the picture is all mooshed up. Or, conversely, I've found a couple that have the bottom cut off, usually a status or control bar.
Not going to do that, too much work, sorry.

Hallie Miles said:
I'm assuming that the number framed in red on the left of the status line is the frame rate; does it mean anything when the frame flashes? With a couple of the games that DON'T run it'll flash 6 times, over and over again until I reboot the Amiga. Is this an error code? If so, what does it mean?
The code says it's a power LED (gui_data.powerled).

Hallie Miles said:
Also, I've never seen this number above 51; is this full speed for the emulator? If I remember my Amiga days rightly, that's the PAL speed, but I know some of the stuff I have is NTSC, so I should be seeing a 60 now and then. :)
The emu is hardcoded to 50Hz PAL for some reason, again, changing that may require too much work..

Hallie Miles said:
Anyway, great work, guys! I remember back in the day when all of the magazines were crying for a portable Amiga, and they were talking about a laptop; they'd be floored to see this thing running.....
Thanks. But as I mentioned in another thread, I'm going to drop this project after the next release, which should be out soon, maybe critical will get back to this after..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply; I appreciate the info. Actually, I wasn't asking for any new features, just wondering if there were options already available that I hadn't found yet.

Sorry to hear you're dropping this, but if it isn't to your taste, must be time to move along. Anyway, you have my sincere thanks for what you've contributed to this project.

Hallie Miles said:
The code says it's a power LED (gui_data.powerled).

If its a power led then it flashing would mean a crash. On a real Amiga the power led will flash at a crash and then will reset the amiga and bring up a guru (The amiga name for a crash message and not one of the GP2X guru's Notaz wont pop up on your gp2x)

Notaz thanks for your work on the emulator I know you were just using it as a testing ground but thanks for staying around and doing a couple of tweaks.

notaz said:
Hallie Miles said:
Not going to do that, too much work, sorry.

One nice thing that could be done and is easy I would think is to center the 320 x 200 NTSC screen vertically. This way there would be small bars one at the top, one at the bottom (letterbox) rather than one big bar on the bottom. It looks nicer centered. If that is not too much work maybe that could be added?

DaveC said:
One nice thing that could be done and is easy I would think is to center the 320 x 200 NTSC screen vertically. This way there would be small bars one at the top, one at the bottom (letterbox) rather than one big bar on the bottom. It looks nicer centered. If that is not too much work maybe that could be added?
I've changed my mind and added PAL/NTSC switch, and also centering for NTSC mode.

notaz said:
DaveC said:
I've changed my mind and added PAL/NTSC switch, and also centering for NTSC mode.

Cool. Thanks again for all of your great work here :)

Back