Uae4all Beta

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I just compiled the last known gp2x version of this. I only took out the clockspeed stuff, seems that was the only thing gp2x related. It loaded a menu and then a game, its late, its a beta, someone with some amiga fever please try it. It seems to work.

pickle.gp2x.de/uae4all.zip

PLEASE DONT UPLOAD TO ARCHIVES THIS IS A BETA

Wow thanks Pickle :)

You are a machine! (I mean that in a good way, not like you are a replicant or something) .

The GP2X one was a bit choppy, hopefully the bit of extra speed of the Wiz will make the difference. Off to test now..

How do you select a disk? I must be doing something wrong as it always selects the first one and the game list doesn't stay up.

The GP2X one was a bit choppy, hopefully the bit of extra speed of the Wiz will make the difference. Off to test now..

How do you select a disk? I must be doing something wrong as it always selects the first one and the game list doesn't stay up.
Same problem here with the disk selection. Regarding the kickstart rom. I have the version 1.3. How should I name it kick.rom or kick-1.3.rom and in what directory should it go. According to the wiki it should be in the same folder as the uae4all.gpe file.

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem here with the disk selection . For the kickstart put it in the kickstarts folder and name it kick13.rom , it works for me and I have succesfully run Bombjack and Bumpy .
Thanks Pickle for your great work

Same problem here with the disk selection . For the kickstart put it in the kickstarts folder and name it kick13.rom , it works for me and I have succesfully run Bombjack and Bumpy .
Thanks Pickle for your great work
Great that worked :D. Got silkworm running (first game I ever had on Amiga 500).

Regards

André

nice one. I just walked through the first level of Alien Syndrome. However, I am not able to select other disk images. Alien Syndrome is the first one on the list. If I go to the disk selection menu, it just throws me back to the main menu. Apparently, it chooses the first entry.

Thanks, glad it works for the most part for everyone. I did to notice the disk selection was acting wierd. Theres a flicker that I think is caused by SDL being set to use doublebuf.
I literally took a quick shot in the dark with this one last night. It appeared from the quick look I did that video used SDL and controls were reading the hw, the only thing was the cpuspeed. And the results came out good.

So I think I can add wiz cpu control, remove doublebuf, fix the disk selection and this will be good to go

Pickle I think that you could use the "Noldor" version, that has a lot of improvement ...

:)

Thanks a lot Pickle. Was waiting for this one :)

BTW you need the kick 1.3 rom overdumped version, the verified good dump does not work for me.

I found the problem with the disk selector, i left in some gp2x code i probably shouldnt have. Anyway it works now.
The double buffer is off, but maybe that's the reason for the flicker on the overlay things? Anyway im not going to mess with it.
I will add cpu clock control and then release to the archive

Update: the final version has been uploaded along with the source code

Much Thx to Mr. Pickle...
It seems to work rather well...

I am curious tho, I am not the only one with serious mouse/touchscreen issues, right?
The mouse pointer is nowhere near the places I touch on screen, and the offset in not
constant nor predictable.

So essentially, the emu is strictly a joystick kinda experience? :)

Just Me?
-DEJ

Thanks for the update.

I have noticed the sound is a bit rough. It is distorted and skippy in many games. Is that just due to speed issues or is it something else? Is there a way to tweak it that I may not be aware of?

You might just need to calibrate your touch screen, that's all.
:) No, I thought of that...
I've calibrated the screen, but it's still wacky in UAE, it's also completely whacked in DOSbox, and OutcaST...
Works fine in Boomshine and other GPH loaded games. Only trouble is in the emulators,

Does it work for you?
That would mean my unit has a glitch of some sort...
( another glitch, as it were )
-DEJ

Thanks Pickle - appreciate your efforts.

At 800 mhz, sound only lags for me in some games, or in transition from loading screens etc. Seems to run all games I've thrown at it at full speed at FS1.

The addition of savestates and a bit more speed, and it will be pretty much complete :)

Cheers
Simon

Back