U.a.e4All

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
I was wondering if there will be some sort of an easy game launch frontend for UAE4all likeMy linkWinuae was very frustrating before this program was made.
Dunno if My linkis much of a program really.Could this be made by someone
or am I uninformed here.Anyhow just my thoughts,im a huge amiga fan.
woops double post error.

UAE4ALL has an easy interface, yes, and runs stuff fullspeed with no frameskip and sound enabled.

The current version is a direct port of the gp2x version and is somewhat limited (one disk, no vsync, etc.)

Best thing would be UAE with Cyclone core and nice GUI :)

I guess that will happen at one time, I guess a dev will do it :)

EvilDragon said:
UAE4ALL has an easy interface, yes, and runs stuff fullspeed with no frameskip and sound enabled.

The current version is a direct port of the gp2x version and is somewhat limited (one disk, no vsync, etc.)

I guess that will happen at one time, I guess a dev will do it :)
Thanks for the response ED,That sounds good.I sure hope a dev will make it as good as possible at some point.portable amiga.super

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:

Man I love VSYNC SOOO much and I never really understood why it's not automatically enabled for EVERYTHING. I hope we can get an Amiga with vsync, fast-scrolling games like that frog one don't look so hot in non-vsync. I'll still play 'em, I'd just rather have vsync is all :) And it'll be my first time playing all the Amiga games so I'm excited.

EvilDragon said:
Wouldn't Cyclone mean no A1200, given that it only supports 68000?

UAE4All have no AGA then it's only A500 (68000).
PUAE (winUAE and EUAE base code) is Full Amiga 68k OCS/ECS/AGA/AKIKO emulator but without optimised ASM core

I didnt know that uae4all didnt support aga.Though most of the best amiga games are on the a500 anyhow.aga support later would be great though.

I bought a pandora mainly because i'll being able to play my amiga games full speed and portable so I really hope a dev will improve on the gp2x version to take advantage of the fact that we now have a keyboard and also take full advantage of the pandoras horse power. I can't wait personally. This will be the first emulator on my pandora :)

Laurent said:
Isn't PUAE supposed to have a JIT, which could be ported to generate ARM code?

Yes it does; or rather E-UAE and WinUAE both have a JIT which speeds things up enormously, but currently x86 only.

JIT provides an order of magnitude (or 2) speedup for amiga emulation on x86, so would be enormously desirable as I suspect AGA+020 is going to push the Pandora a little too far.

I have no idea how taxing porting the JIT to ARM would be - presumably someone would need to know ARM assembly rather well. Can the x86 JIT be used as a template? No idea how much work involved here...

rabidpoobear said:
EvilDragon said:

Man I love VSYNC SOOO much and I never really understood why it's not automatically enabled for EVERYTHING. I hope we can get an Amiga with vsync, fast-scrolling games like that frog one don't look so hot in non-vsync. I'll still play 'em, I'd just rather have vsync is all :) And it'll be my first time playing all the Amiga games so I'm excited.

Well, VSYNC needs power and the GP2X and WIZ are barely able to emulate the Amiga. With vsync enabled, it would run even slower.
Therefore, the quick port to the Pandora doesn't feature VSYNC yet ;)

Laurent said:
EvilDragon said:
Wouldn't Cyclone mean no A1200, given that it only supports 68000?

Yes, but that's why you have UAE.
With UAE, you could emulate a A1200 (don't know if it's at a usable speed without speed optimizations, but okay).

For most classic games, UAE4ALL (with some tweaks) would be better.

Last edited:
Back