TxK the Yak's 'new' Vita game out now

Garrett

Advanced Member
https://www.youtube.com/embed/r5Y85LNLTf8?feature=oembed

£5.49 (£4.39 PS+) As you can probably tell it's buisness as usual from the hairy one, if you didn't like his other games I doubt this is going to convert you.. but if you're anything like me & have ever enjoyed any of his previous offerings you're probably gonna love it!

It's picking up some extremely positive reviews so far.

The Vita does seem to be getting increasingly popular as time goes on with indie devs, there's an onslaught of titles headed it's way in the first quarter of this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought it and as expected I'm pretty useless to begin with, but it's great fun. I'd love to see more of the llamasoft ganes on the Vita, I always found the touch screen controls talky limited the precision to enjoy them properly!

Thanks for the thread. I was going to post this as well and just didn't get the time to do so. This games is beyond AWESOME! I have a Tempest Coin-Op, so you know I'm a fan. Yeah, the reviews have been crazy good, especially for a game of this nature. Although I knew I would like it, I didn't expect the positive feedback from so many others.

Chris

I'd buy it if it ever gets released on the Pandora. Pandora can run these kind of game well too.  To me it kind of a waste of Vita's power for this.  Can someone contact the dev to see if they would port it to the Pandora? 

If he releases an Oculus Rift version, the market for illicit drugs will either plummet or soar.

I'd buy it if it ever gets released on the Pandora. Pandora can run these kind of game well too.  To me it kind of a waste of Vita's power for this.  Can someone contact the dev to see if they would port it to the Pandora? 
He probably would not be encouraged by the market size.

I'm a big Jaguar Tempest 2000 fan and nothing I've played so far beats it in terms of gameplay and music. Tempest X on PS1 comes close, but no cigar. TxK beats both graphically, but the long pauses (or astrosurfing as you're flying through space) ruin the momentum for me. It's good. very good,  but it's not T2000. And it lacks that awesome music.

YES. YES. YES!!!!

Super-Zapper Recharge. ;)

Tempest 2000 Jaguar/DOS version eats this on breakfast. IMHO original T2k is faster with better energetic sounds..

I'm a big Jaguar Tempest 2000 fan and nothing I've played so far beats it in terms of gameplay and music. Tempest X on PS1 comes close, but no cigar. TxK beats both graphically, but the long pauses (or astrosurfing as you're flying through space) ruin the momentum for me. It's good. very good,  but it's not T2000. And it lacks that awesome music.

YES. YES. YES!!!!

Super-Zapper Recharge. ;)
I love all things "Tempest", and TxK is no different. I guess all of the games have there pluses and minuses, and if I had to choose one for top honors, I would go with the Coin-op original. I do so enjoy the music of the follow up games(it really adds to the overall experience), but NOTHING beats the sound effects and the true spinner controls of the arcade original. The vector monitor along with the speakers combine to make for one of the loudest and most in your face gaming experiences of all time.

Chris

Back