Two-player Mode + Emulators?

Can that be used cordless? Unless the cord is 20 feet, I'd pass

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's corded. Bluetooth wasn't really were it is now when I bought it four years ago.

Other thought: why are we having the same discussion on two different threads? Ha.

The Logitech Cordless RumblePad works with Linux and Windows so it should work in Pandora (and Windows 7? It's listed as Vista compatible)

The PS3 controller works through bluetooth on Linux, but I couldn't get it to work. I borrowed one of my friends for a while and just gave up and used it through USB. There is a thread on the Ubuntu forums that pretty much says that if it works for you, you're lucky. I looked into it a few weeks ago and it looks like it's the same. I'm sure if one person gets it working on the Pandora then it will work on every Pandora as every Pandora will be the same.

As far as comfort goes I think the Playstation controllers are perfect, that is why they haven't changed over three consoles. Perfect size for small and large hands. It's kinda sad watching a 6 year old play with a Xbox controller and someone with really large hands play a DS.

Oh yeah, I have two of the PSX controller to usb things also, that is what I use for SNES9x on both Linux and OSX. It works out of the box, and it's perfect for SNES, R1 I configure freeze state(wRite) and L1 for thaw state(Load). Mine are 1 controller to 1 USB, but they sell 2 controller to 1 USB that work with Linux. You need to check though, back when I got mine some of the 2 to 1 units didn't work. If you think the PSX or PS2 controllers are good enough/long enough cord then you should get one of those, used controllers are cheap and easy to find.

'Raz' said:
Can that be used cordless? Unless the cord is 20 feet, I'd pass
Are you allergic to the tv or something :/

'Balzac2m' said:
twoplayer-mode will most certainly be possible for most Emus as a lot of them already have it and there is no need to throw it our for the pandoraport.

Don't wait for PS2, XBox and PSP. Really.
What about synchronising two pandoras? say you are both running tekken 3 on a PS1 emu, can player 1 be on pandora 1 and player 2 on pandora 2? Any emulators written like this?

I guess you could use stream my game (or whatever it's called) and stream from one pandora to the other, then use the 'slave' pandoras controller and zip it's controls over to the master pandora.

'Mr Poletski' said:
What about synchronising two pandoras? say you are both running tekken 3 on a PS1 emu, can player 1 be on pandora 1 and player 2 on pandora 2? Any emulators written like this?
I don't see why this couldn't work on any emulator supporting NetPlay.

It seems that multiplayer support has been beat to death in this topic, so I'll just set the record straight about the PSP emulation question.

hlide seems to think that PSP emulation could be possible, although if it happens, it would probably only be able to emulate the games that were using the PSP back when it was clocked at 222 MHz. You should talk to him if you want to know more of the details, but the gist seems to be that because all of the PSP games made syscalls instead of talking to the hardware, PSP emulation would be more a matter of translating syscalls than emulating hardware.

-God Ginrai

Bah, I need to find a simple Bluetooth Gamepad

Poletski: Stream My Game would need to be recompiled for the Pandora, and might require some porting work. You're far better off asking the author of whatever emulator you're interested in to add netplay.

Question for anyone who has synced up PS3 controller to Linux. When you pair it with USB, is it a one time deal? Or would you have to pair it each time you want to use it?

Also, could you use more than one?

Back