TV out resolution

RMJ250

Hi apologies if this has already been asked. is there a way to increase the resolution on the TV out? The Pandora is awesome hooked up to a monitor with a usb keyboard and mouse but on a 23" screen 800x?? is blurry on the desktop. Can you also do screen switch like most laptops do so the Pandoras turns off and is not mirrored? 

If it is not capable I have found a video converter from RCA (TV) to lcd that can output up to 1920x1200 anyone had any luck with these?

thanks,

J

http://www.gadmei.com/en/product_show.aspx?id=71 

The TV out is only for outputting the video on a TV, everything else will give you just a blurry image, and you will be stuck in mirror mode.

Altough I can't use the link you posted I'm a pretty sure a RCA to LCD video converter can't do any magic. The Pandora outputs eiter a PAL or a NTSC signals, both are fixed resolution wise, so I don't now where the extra pixels should come from.

The closest you will get with the Pandora will be a DisplayLink (or similar type) USB - adaptor. But even the modern ones won't give you the "full experience": as long as most things are more or less static on the screen that you connect over the USB - adaptor, everything is fine, if you have a lot of movement (like playing a full res video or playing a game) on it, it will get choppy. There is at least one external USB display from Lenovo that seems to play 720p videos just fine, so my guess it that is the most you can squeeze out of it.

Thx for the explanation and quick response! I'll look into getting the display port from Lenovo, the one I've found says it's usb3 is it that one or an earlier version? Thx again,

J

Thx, although you cannot increase the resolution of the tv out it turns out the Pandora can output higher resolutions through a usb displayport, here's mine running @1680x1050!! My Pandora's awesomeness has just gone to 11. I was hesitant before because compatability didn't look very good and it looked difficult to setup from the Wiki, but maybe after some updates it's now trivial, just have to rename some config files. There's a tutorial on PandoraLive, thx Ekianjo and Takedown, maybe the Wiki should be updated? I found an IOGEAR GUC2020DW6 that has the Displayport uga-165 chip in it, :)

I would post a picture but I have no idea how to load it...

Last edited by a moderator:
There we go :)

SANY0125sm.JPG

Nice, I really need to get me one of those.

Back