Tv-out Question.

kgonepostl

Still Fresh
What are the ups and downs of the tv adapter program titled TV-Out Fixer
Mostly was wondering why so many devs haven't imported the tv-out feature and if it's really worth my money to buy the cable.

The TV-Out Fixer makes TV-Out work on programs that do no support it. I think TV-Out's very worth it. It's awesome being about to play Ecco on a TV without pulling out my old Genesis.

It's also VERY good for DivX/Xvid playback on a TV because it actually displays them at their true resolution (and not 320x240 stretched).

Movie playback is already at it's true resolution isn't it? There's code in the gp2x mplayer that sets the correct resolution at any rate, and I always assumed that gp2xmenu sets the correct parameters when it calls mplayer. Maybe you're not launching it through the normal route? If you launch it in any other way then you should make sure you're running 'mplayer tv PAL' or 'mplayer tv NTSC' to get it running at the correct resolution, as it will default to 'mplayer lcd' otherwise. There's also a 'mplayer monitor' option that sets it to 800x600 - maybe GPH had vga planned at one time.

Anyway, back to the original question - many devs use SDL which automatically supports tv out, so I'm not sure what makes you think devs aren't supporting it. Is there still anything other than early apps (written before the tv cable became available and never updated) and the odd emulator that messes with things it shouldn't that doesn't support tv out?

woogal posted on Oct 23 2006 at 11:45 AM said:
Movie playback is already at it's true resolution isn't it? There's code in the gp2x mplayer that sets the correct resolution at any rate, and I always assumed that gp2xmenu sets the correct parameters when it calls mplayer. Maybe you're not launching it through the normal route? If you launch it in any other way then you should make sure you're running 'mplayer tv PAL' or 'mplayer tv NTSC' to get it running at the correct resolution, as it will default to 'mplayer lcd' otherwise. There's also a 'mplayer monitor' option that sets it to 800x600 - maybe GPH had vga planned at one time.
Huh? No, it works fine for me. I just said that 320x240 stretched thing to emphasize that it doesn't stretch. Must have read my post too quickly. :p

But I didn't know about the VGA mode. That would be very nice! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
woogal posted on Oct 23 2006 at 10:45 AM said:

Anyway, back to the original question - many devs use SDL which automatically supports tv out, so I'm not sure what makes you think devs aren't supporting it. Is there still anything other than early apps (written before the tv cable became available and never updated) and the odd emulator that messes with things it shouldn't that doesn't support tv out?

No just mostly the odd emulator.......I couldn't find any actual up to date database that told me what emulators support tv out so I just assumed they didn't. Wikipedia sucked ass. The wikipedia article showed "recent" video's running on version Beta1................Is there an up to date database for this kind of thing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back