TV out - Directly from Motherboard

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
Does anyone now how to get composite tv out directly from the pandora motherboard (not the EXT-connector method)?  I'm asking because I'm modding my Pandora for a 4.3 " second screen addon and want to solder the video signal directly to the board.  I've looked at the Hacker's Guide but it only shows the EXT pin-out.  I'm not sure if TV Out 1 and TV Out 2 on the EXT correspond to the Expansion Port Test Pads' RX2 and CTS2 respectively.  If so I can solder the video wires from the screen directly there. 

pdpGKYB.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Using some very thin wire like used for wire-wrapping you can solder on the pcb side of the ext connector.

In terms of physcal stuff, I've managed mod and jam the PCB of the external LCD inside the case .  Everything closed up probably.  I just need to solder the video wires to the Pandora motherboard once someone can point me to the right direction.  For the power wires, I've also manage to solder them to the PCB motherboard using the Raw 5V on the PCB.

Using some very thin wire like used for wire-wrapping you can solder on the pcb side of the ext connector.
Yeah, that was my first thought but the damn pins on the pcb side are so damn small. 

I don't see any convenient pads in the documentation.. perhaps if you trace the connection it may end up at a component that may be easier to solder to.

Edit: It's best to have some ground shielded wires for this or it could add noise.. Another issue with using wire-wrap..

Best way may be to solder some fine wire directly onto the connection between board and cnnector.

You might have to try wich leadof the unlabeled ones is for the video signal. But that can be done by pressing the wire on it.

This is not easy as it is a very fine connection but certainly doable.

Where are you planning on mounting the second screen?

Imagine it would be neater to use the EXT port if you want to retain portability...

Where are you planning on mounting the second screen?

Imagine it would be neater to use the EXT port if you want to retain portability...
I want the second screen to be part of the Pandora and don't want to show external wires. The second screen will fold up (I'm still thinking about the hinge for this, perhaps some short of small z-hinge) and fold own and stay outside like this.

JfO6IE5.jpg

Man!  I got so close to finishing this mod and the damn LCD cable broke on me with a careless mistake....

Keeping bugging Ed to put the LCD cable on his site so I can buy couple of these guys...

Sorry Ed, I know I'm be a pest because I really want to finish this awesome mod  :D

Back