TV display possible ?

if your looking at the pin diagram just take note that pin 2 and that pin 8 dont have any listings anywhere about what they do. So if it was any i think i would be these pins that aren't listed in the key

thats not the point! if gamepark could have made money off of this then they would have made a cable and been selling it since day one. :)

Err... no.
Gamepark already did some strange things which no one understands...

hmmmmm.... thats true :unsure: but i just don't see them doing this and no one EVER mentioning ANYTHING about it until now ;) but then again, anything is possible :D

Well, I guess we won't find out if anyone doesn't try it and take some nice pictures.
I'd be willing to do that, just have to look for a cable which fits the EXT-Connector...

If gamepark used the gp32 on a pc monitor then TV-OUT is possible it would be RGB and it have to be converted to composite video but if this is true then the LCD screen should be a RGB screen.

If both sync lines were connected to the tv you would see a b&w image so it would be possible but im 99% sure that the guy who said he did it was lying as he said the EXT port was a video port

But what he said is basiclly how you would find the right video signal

Strip a RCA plug and plug it into the video of your tv then attach the ground wire to the ground on the gp32 board then you would have to either try the chips on the board to find the video chip or try the wires going to the LCD but im pretty sure the LCD is a digital type and the gp32 on a monitor might of been a special gp32 made? i dont know never saw the gp32 on a monitor thing.

I think we need some1 with a working gp32 but a broken LCD screen to try this out so if something does happen then its not a total loss

:ph34r:

actaully iirc the gp32 uses a digital signal so it wouldn't be able to be converted into composite unless you had a controller/decoder/encoder (whatever...) board ;)

Dosent surprise me that its a digital signal was hoping it was a RGB signal but thats pretty rare :\

oh well still its possible to build a digital to analog encoder problem is the type of signal but still we should say this is a dead subject

:ph34r:

While it would be "neat" to hook the GP32 to that TV, what is the real point? I bought my GP32 as a Portable Emulator, if I wanted to Emulate on the TV I would use my Dreamcast (which I do).

As for using the GBA TV mod on the GP32, the fact that the GP32 and the GBA run at different resolutions would prohibit that from working. :(

The GP32 is a prefect little system, it just needs to have more of it's emulators brought up to the level of GPEngine.

nerd of nerds posted on Jul 1 2003 said:
thats not the point! if gamepark could have made money off of this then they would have made a cable and been selling it since day one. :)
One possible reason is that once you're sending a signal to a TV or monitor, you have to deal with several FCC guidelines. Perhaps they built the feature into the GP32's hardware, but didn't go through with it because they didn't want to deal with the headache of the FCC and whatever Asia's equivilent is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right well i private messenged this and Tim sent me this back

Yes, i had it working but no longer use it because the quality is hopeless on a large screen.

Ask the person if he used the right voltage - tell him to stick either a capicitor or a resistor between the connectors. The voltage might be too high or too low, or too varies.

Im leaving to russia tommorow, so i will not be able to answer more questions.

i guess maybe it doesn't work because the voltage is either to high or too low which seems to fit in with what someone was saying about fcc standards. So having an resistor and capacitor to keep the voltage there maybe that will work i will try if i ever receive my connectors :/

Back