Is it possible to transfer data between 2 units?

NssOne

I am One with the DarkNss
Website
www.gp32us.com
I was wondering if anybody think it's possible to make program where you can transfer data between 2 GP32s through RF modules. I think it would be nice. I have friends who want a GP32, but they don't have computers to hook up to, and I thought it'd be nice to just be able to transfer files to their GP32s through an RF module connection when we hook up.

Hey, most of the stuff that's out there is free anyways. Most official games SMC specific. Tranferring files for games is what I'm most concerned with. I know, you could transfer mp3s to other GP32s also, hence, pissing off the RIAA.

No, this is not possible due to how slow RF is.

It could take hours just to transfer a average sized file.

The RF is just designed to send joypad movements/location coords during games, like 200bps.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

could u have a program that'd copy a file to the ram, then onto an smc, so u'd put there smc in your machine files to ram then stick your card in and back onto your smc

i would see the main use for this being playing the multiplayer emus one person is missing a rom or something, since the gp has to copy the roms to the ram in the emulators i guess u'd never have a problem with wanting to transfer a file thats to big

Apparentlly, Its not wise to remove the smc whilst the GP32 is still switched on. :unsure:
There could be a possibility of corrupting the card etc. :unsure:

Trooper

OK so you can skip the RF unit, but what about just a link cable? Anybody know the max data rate of the EXT port?

ok quote happy mode on

Haha, as if you'll see two of these in the same place. hehehe

happens all the time, i guess u just haven't been advertising your gp32 to the people around u very well, shame on u

Apparentlly, Its not wise to remove the smc whilst the GP32 is still switched on

can u back that up, i was under the impression it was only while its reading the data from the smc not simply having the machine turned on, i definatly know of one app that supports smc swapping, and its made by a guy who should know what hes doing so i assume it should be problem free

OK so you can skip the RF unit, but what about just a link cable? Anybody know the max data rate of the EXT port?

that way u need to carry an aditional cable around, if u can copy the files from there smc u don't have any hassle, just some small app taking up a few k on the card, its gotta be the best way,

if it is possible could be something built into the multiFW so u don't need to put your card in at all (untill your ready to copy the files over) so it'd be even quicker

Apparentlly, Its not wise to remove the smc whilst the GP32 is still switched on

can u back that up, i was under the impression it was only while its reading the data from the smc not simply having the machine turned on, i definatly know of one app that supports smc swapping, and its made by a guy who should know what hes doing so i assume it should be problem free

I did say apparently.

Trooper

I did say apparently.

which is why i asked, since apparently is a word used by someone who knows something and its not a word thats associated with a rumor or random sentence without substance that u may have once glanced over.

apparently you used the wrong word :blink:

whatever way u want to look at it, its a poor use of the word for more reasons than i can be bothered to type right now, so there... <_<

wouldn't have bothered posting about it coz its off topic and pointless but theres no actuall gp32 news to talk about so im just resorting to poking at things...

but maybe i can make my own news, i am involved in a couple of unanounced projects, would be nice if they got finished

No flaming intended.

I did not think this was a gramma lesson and think it`s a bit trivial to pick-up on someting such a that. :)

What unanounced projects. :D

Trooper

i wasn't really bothered about the messages, just bored and talking random nonsence, luckily i wouldn't go as far to make fake posts about having a link to fgen like that other guy,

but about the projects, im just the artist, and both projects are far to early, not my place to say anything without consent, don't worry its nothing to get really excited about like a new emu or something, just remakes of games,
i would like to see them develop a bit just so theres something new out, but i'll find out what the situation is later, might be able to post a screenshot or something

Back