Tubrografx Cd Help

MiOdd

Website
Visit site
Okay, so I've already obtained several TGCD games in iso/cue/ogg format and they work fantastic but I was unable to find everything I wanted in this format so I have a game "Last Alert" in standard bin/cue format but I cannot get it to work.

The Temper readme sounds like it should work without doing anything extra but when I select the game it just dumps me back to the temper menu or freezes my Wiz. I tried using the included bin_to_iso_ogg I downloaded oggenc and placed it in my Windows directory. When I run bin_to_iso_ogg I get "loading cue file LastAlert.cue" and then it dumps me back to the command prompt and doesn't appear to have done anything.

I can think of two potential problems but I don't know if thats exactly whats wrong or how to correct it. For one, when I downloaded oggenc the executable said oggenc2 which the readme does not name, so I thought maybe bin_to_iso_ogg would be referencing a file called oggenc not oggenc2 so I renamed it, but didn't make a difference.

The other problem I can think of is I'm using a stripped down version of Windows XP so it could possibly missing some necessary libraries to make this work, I've had this problem before trying to get my Creative ZEN to work on this version, but I don't have any other version at the moment so I can't try something else.

Any thoughts on this? Any newer or easier methods of converting these files and making them work?

--EDIT--

Ok, I found a handy Mac OS X compatible command line program called "bchunk" that did the trick. It only supports WAV and CDR for the tracks though, so I still need to find a way to convert WAVs to OGGs but that shouldn't be too hard... so while I got it working, still, if anyone knows an easier way, feel free to share.

MiOdd said:
Okay, so I've already obtained several TGCD games in iso/cue/ogg format and they work fantastic but I was unable to find everything I wanted in this format so I have a game "Last Alert" in standard bin/cue format but I cannot get it to work.

The Temper readme sounds like it should work without doing anything extra but when I select the game it just dumps me back to the temper menu or freezes my Wiz. I tried using the included bin_to_iso_ogg I downloaded oggenc and placed it in my Windows directory. When I run bin_to_iso_ogg I get "loading cue file LastAlert.cue" and then it dumps me back to the command prompt and doesn't appear to have done anything.

I can think of two potential problems but I don't know if thats exactly whats wrong or how to correct it. For one, when I downloaded oggenc the executable said oggenc2 which the readme does not name, so I thought maybe bin_to_iso_ogg would be referencing a file called oggenc not oggenc2 so I renamed it, but didn't make a difference.

The other problem I can think of is I'm using a stripped down version of Windows XP so it could possibly missing some necessary libraries to make this work, I've had this problem before trying to get my Creative ZEN to work on this version, but I don't have any other version at the moment so I can't try something else.

Any thoughts on this? Any newer or easier methods of converting these files and making them work?

--EDIT--

Ok, I found a handy Mac OS X compatible command line program called "bchunk" that did the trick. It only supports WAV and CDR for the tracks though, so I still need to find a way to convert WAVs to OGGs but that shouldn't be too hard... so while I got it working, still, if anyone knows an easier way, feel free to share.

I had a similar problem and no amount of putzing with the files helped. I had a bunch of utilities for making sure the files were good, but in the end I had to find a different dump of the game. That was the only thing that fixed it.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
I had a similar problem and no amount of putzing with the files helped. I had a bunch of utilities for making sure the files were good, but in the end I had to find a different dump of the game. That was the only thing that fixed it.

Chris

Hey Chris, I actually figured it all out. If you are a Mac user I can help you. I downloaded two free Mac applications to do everything I need. One that allowed me to extract the bin/cue into iso/wavs then another to convert the wavs to ogg then through editing the cue file in any basic text editor I was able to repoint to the extracted isos and dump the original large iso to save space. I was able to reduce the game Gate of Thunder from approximately 1gb to 53mb. So I am very happy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back