Trying to port XPilot but struggling to get started...

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
I fancied trying to get XPilot up and running on the Pandora and I'm not a total noob, so I thought it would be reasonably possible.

I've had a few false starts though. There seem to be loads of different guides and tutorials, but most seem to have warnings about being out of date. Is there a definitive guide to getting the toolchain running on the Pandora?

I've installed some of the command line tools following Torpor's guide, but I think it might be out of date now?

I've downloaded the source for XPilot. The supplied Imakefile needs xmkmf to build it. Do people still use xmkmf these days or is it completely old hat?

I've noticed that the X11 includes aren't in /usr/local/X11 - does angstrom use a cut down version of X11 ? How do I install the rest of X11?

Any pointers would be much appreciated...

Easiest toolchain on Pandora:

Download codeblocks pnd, run commandlineinterface and start compiling.

All os libs and headers are included and also a lot more.

OK - where's the development menu?

Hold on - found an icon on the desktop - commandlineinterface... sure that wasn't there before!? I've run it and it seems to have done some stuff....

In the xfce menu there is a development entry where yoi find the commandline of codeblocks.

Back