GP2X Allegro Black Screen

adval25

Still Fresh
I've just barely begun using the Allegro game-making library for Dev-C++ and programming altogether. I've followed through with some tutorials on creating some games and calling bitmaps from folders so that they may be displayed on the screen. Unforturately none of the pictures/sprites pop up on my program. I just get a black screen. I've read many solutions on how to fix the black screen - something about blit being out of date, using alex4_launcher, writing code lines and what have you. I'm fairly new to this so I get lost quickly. If the alex4_launcher is the fix, can anyone kindly guide me through this hellish process so that I may help out another newb in need?

EDIT

Nevermind everybody I fixed the problem. Gosh I'm an idiot. All I needed was a Video Graphics driver on my computer to fix this problem. I didn't even know what the gp2x was until now. Sorry, please excuse this ignorant noob.

Thought for a moment it wa the dreaded old gp2x-allegro-blackscreen problem that had migrated to windows :blink:

There are (albeit) a few allegro users on here; but we're in the minority :)

Back