Troubles

Simage

Still Fresh
k... so the wife decide to get me a GP32 for Christmas. I believe its the blu version, not entirely certain what the difference between that and the blu+ is tho, anyhow, when she bought it she got it without an smc. living up here in northern alberta we only have about 3 places in town that even know what a memory card is, unfortunatley none of the carry the smc's, so I got a brilliant idea, the one did carry an Xd to SMC converter and a 64 mb xd card. Figured ok. no problem, should work. so I get home , plug the converter into the unit and the Xd card into the converter, power it up, ook up the usb and lo and behold Gplink can see the smc, I can write to it , read from it, everything seems all dandy, until I upload a program and try running it. now I'm not certain wether its the Xd to SMC conversion or if I'm missing a step here, but it picks up the fact that there is something in the game directory on the card and goes to a "gp32 data loading" screen where it stays for about a minute before rebooting the unit.

any advice, ideas, suggestions?? am I just being stupid trying the funny converter thing, or has anyone else tried that and gotten it to work?? any help would be greatly appreciated

no... never used em but i think that converters work!!

what program are you trying to load?

sounds like your doing ok - but might have picked a dodgy app - or one which needs other files...

all files should be in GPMM folder on the card

do you have a card reader? if so just use that instead of the usb link - you dont actually need it!

sPaCe :ph34r:

ok... so.... I just happen to be running about oh... 4 sometimes 5 computers here. one of which is the wifes computer, which is also incidently the only windows box here. About 2 or 3 months ago she banned me from her computer. no problem, I don't like windows anyway:) . so she gets me this GB32 for christmas and I don't even think about it, get online, find the free tools and make it work. obviously I missed a couple steps in there. abyhow, to make a long story short, she's out for thje night, so I went and installed the honest to god software on her computer and hooked it all up there, wonder of wonders it works now, I'm thinking I'm gonna hafta go thru now and actually figure out what its actually putting on the smc:)

is there actually any documentation on whats where on the smc?? in a file system sense? or what matters as to where its put??

/me feels really stupoid now

and my spelling isn't making me feel any smarter

you should have 5 folders...

GPMM

GPSYS

GPETC

GAME

MP3

BASICALLY MOST STUFF GOES IN GPMM and ocasionally in GAME (Doom)

my advice is ditch the Gamepark software and use a card reader - just drag n drop the files where you need em...

each programme comes with a readme which tells you where to put the files...

more general info here...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=1694

or try something simple to install like balloon and balloon - this .FPK file goes straight in via the gpmanager softwarehttp://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,27,365

sPaCe :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back