tropical storm in Sao Paulo hot my Pandora

rohezal

Advanced Member
Hi, a tropical storm hit Sao Paulo and my Pandora was laying on a table next to an open window. It got wet the top, and I stupidly turned it on :( . A shimmering screen and a few seconds some crackle and the screen went dark, but I could shut it down via software 2 days later I tried to start it again, the screen stayed dark but the lamp was on. After a few seconds it went off. I was not able to start the Pandora again? ED can I send it to you and pay for a repair? Maybe just the screen is broken and it is an electrical problem? A new screen and new cable could maybe solve it. Of course I would pay for the repair.

Ouch, so sad :(

For future reference, if electronics get wet the best thing to do is to put them in a bag with salt and/or dry rice immediately. Do not turn them on until you're sure everything is dry.

It's probably too late for this to help now, but in the future, if something gets wet, remember to dry it for 24 hours first before trying to turn it on or you may end up like you did here.

Sorry again. If you go to ED's contact page you can send him a technical support request and he'd probably get back to you sooner than just leaving the request here.

Well, it depends on what's broken.

If the PCB is broken there's not much we can do except for replacing the PCB.

You should be able to figure this out yourself: If it's the screen that's broken, then the unit will boot up.

Does it boot? You can easily find that out by inserting an SD Card into the slot when it should be booted up.

If the LED does blink, then the unit still does boot fine and it's most likely the screen.

Ouch, so sad :(

For future reference, if electronics get wet the best thing to do is to put them in a bag with salt and/or dry rice immediately.
Salt?  I'm not sure that's a good idea if it's really wet; salty water will act as an electrolyte and is more conductive than rainwater/tap water and for similar reasons will accelerate the rusting of any rustable parts.  Dry uncooked rice is a good idea though, and it's worth noting that the bag should be airtight, else the rice will just pull moisture out of the free air.

I don't have a charger (using USB). It don't power on anymore. Maybe the battery is broken too? I don't have a charger or a spare battery. Can I send it to you when I am back in Germany?

Yes, you can send it to me. But it sounds like PCB then.

I doubt the battery is broken. You can check that with a multimeter though.

Back