Are you using the touchscreen?

• Heck Yes

Votes: 79 84.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Trying to quit

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

I use the touch screen for just about everything. Don't even pull the stylus out that often anymore, just finger tap; I'm getting to be quite accurate even with the small xfce menu.

I don't use it as the primary input, but I'll always pull the stylus out if I need to pick something accurately. Or I'll flick a thumb over to hit things like the Quit button in Picklelauncher. I love using elements of all the different input methods, depending on the situation. It's very fluid.

Well I would say I don't use it, but I do for Mupen, and also to quit Picklelauncher with my thumb...

I think it would be cool to try handwriting with it even though it probably won't live up to my Tablet PC.

Just need to get a job here so I can order the express Pandora.

Any day now... fff...

Since I got FlipClock working, I have a new-found respect for the capabilities of the Touchscreen .. it was pretty useless before that, but as a GUI, FlipClock really demonstrates how you can use the touchscreen to good effect, I think ..

I don't use it as the primary input, but I'll always pull the stylus out if I need to pick something accurately. Or I'll flick a thumb over to hit things like the Quit button in Picklelauncher. I love using elements of all the different input methods, depending on the situation. It's very fluid.

I have to agree with this, its amazing how much I find myself switching between input methods. For tapping small controls the touchscreen is the way to go. On the other hand I have a tendency to use the right nub as mouse buttons even while using the touch screen for positioning and dragging. I prefer the touch screen for scrolling too.

Then again I find myself sticking with the nubs for mouse movement more than I would have expected. Of course if I'm using the Pandora as an input device to my media centre via Synergy the nubs are what I'll be using for mouse control.

Its amazing how easy it is getting use to having the freedom to choose though. I've found I now also have a tendency to try to tap buttons on the screen of my netbook before remembering that it doesn't have a touchscreen. :lol:

I use it. I don't have a problem with touch screens. It's exclusively touch screen devices that grind my gears.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the combination, I often use the touch screen for things like tapping the URL bar but it just depends how I am holding my pandora,

Playing theme hospital with the touch screen is amazing. but I usually use d-pad in the OS as much as possible (laziness more than anything else)

I'm with you, Link. I don't use the touchscreen unless absolutely forced to. It seems too delicate, and the stylus too brutal. The best stylus ever was the zodiac one, metal with a rubber tip. Would love to see third party styluses make an appearance.

I'm used to the twin nub navigation on xfce and get around quickly enough. So much so that when I use the internet browser on my PS3 I keep accidentally pushing the right analogue stick left on the PS controller to do a click!

I use the touchscreen mostly for XFCE and ScummVM. Everything else I do on the Panda does not use it.

One thing I love about the Pandora is that its packed with so many features. Some of the features are only useful if an application or game you use has it. The widescreen ratio, mic (still gotta fix mine), and the touchscreen are great examples. Im pretty sure that not most people use the Pandora for being productive, apps like myPaint and LMMS which I love using the touchscreen on.

I tend to prefer touch screen over the nubs but in general I try to avoid using mouse pointer in most of the cases: pandora button, d-pad, gaming buttons and keyboard are sufficient to select app in menu and navigate through documents, webpages and simple forms. Then if I need a simple mouseclick I use fingernail, when there's more complicated GUI i take out my stylus (XStylus arrived last week, at last)

Back