Tor Browser Port to Pandora?

I don'y run Android on my Pandora. :| It is a classic, and I don't believe it can handle Android. Yet thank you Seeeejaaaay for your swift reply!

Android works alright, but many higher end applications seems to chug on it.. Enabling a 256MB swap file seems to help.. If you have a unit with decent wifi like mine it can stream netflix without too much trouble, the initial loading takes the most time.. Anything heaver I tend to use my rebirth Pandora.

Any word on Vadalia working through Pandebian? Ill test this tomorrow, but if anyone else wants to, that'd be great

Trying to follow directions in torhelp, but i get

"Alert!: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs"

When i try to run lynx-tor

What am i missing? I see in the video some funky export LD_LIBRARY_PATH commands, but this is not very helpful

I was wondering if there was a port of the Tor Browser ( http://www.torproject.org ) to the Pandora? i think it would be a wonderful addition if it is not there. :)
Why would you prefer a Tor Browser instead of the freedom of using a browser of your choice with tor? Create a second palemoon/firefox/etc. profile with javascript and extensions disabled, and you're good to go.

Also, shameless plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you prefer a Tor Browser instead of the freedom of using a browser of your choice with tor? Create a second palemoon profile with javascript and extensions disabled, and you're good to go.
I thought there were critical issues in the not-so recent Firefox code in terms of safety for Tor ? 

I thought there were critical issues in the not-so recent Firefox code in terms of safety for Tor ? 
One more reason to run an up-to-date Firefox you configure yourself instead of relying on Tor Browser.

BTW, that de-anonymization attack was using javascript, which in all sanity you should disable when using tor.

In actuality I'm in the process of sending in my 1st edition in for repair. But I was just thinking of getting Tor for when it comes back. So it is contained in StreaK's CLI Love ? 

Coolio. c: 

And also, dimag0g, I appreciate the honestly helpful constructive criticism but please try to limit double posting. It's fine though. :)
I'm not one to go chasing rumors, but, I heard about insecurities within Firefox a little time before I posted this topic, so I decided I'd ask about Tor being an option. :p

Thanks everybody. You helped find a solution pretty friggin' quick. :)

~Dustin~

I'm not one to go chasing rumors, but, I heard about insecurities within Firefox a little time before I posted this topic, so I decided I'd ask about Tor being an option. :p
Thanks everybody. You helped find a solution pretty friggin' quick. :)

~Dustin~
I'm not sure what you mean by Tor. Tor router is a console app which provides onion routing, with no relation to Firefox. Tor Browser is in fact a version of Firefox packaged with tor router. Because Tor browser bundle is updated less often than Firefox itself, it has more unfixed issues.

So my point is that you should run tor router (either from steak package, or from mine) and configure a moderm browser to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if there was a port of the Tor Browser ( http://www.torproject.org ) to the Pandora? i think it would be a wonderful addition if it is not there. :)
Why would you prefer a Tor Browser instead of the freedom of using a browser of your choice with tor? Create a second palemoon/firefox/etc. profile with javascript and extensions disabled, and you're good to go.

Also, shameless plug.
Nice, can you post a link to the help file from the repo regarding turning off javascript and any other recommendations for anonymity with Firefox 29 in pandora repo? When I searched for tor using pndmanager, your router didn't come up, was getting ready to roll up my sleeves and bust out the cross compiling toolchain lol (Didn't have much luck with Streak's stuff)

By the way, I notice it works when you set it to HTTP proxy but not SOCKS? Just curious why? And what about https? Say you what to completely hide your google searches, you could, in theory  use https://google.comthen your entire path from link to link (including exit node traffic) is encrypted, am I right?

Thanks!

Back