To The Admins (sorry)

hercule18

Hi,

first of all i beg your pardon because i should post this topic in gpengne forum. :wacko: .
But i think there will be more reactions in general talk.

So these are my questions:

-Is Gpengine still worked on? (say yes) :unsure:
-If yes , when could expect to see the next release? (please say us soon) :unsure:
-If no , why?Could we help? :huh:
-If no, is it possible to release the source code? :rolleyes:

Thx for your answers.

(i hope i won't be banned to not have post it in Gpengine forum)

bye

Herc. :lol:

-Is Gpengine still worked on? (say yes)
Don't know. Actually author is not working on it since some time as it is quite complete emulator (i know, i know - missing savestates)

-If yes , when could expect to see the next release? (please say us soon)
Don't know - if there is no work there also no release

-If no , why?Could we help?
How ? Are you a programmer ? If yes i can ask for sources.

-If no, is it possible to release the source code?
Don't know. See above.

I will try to get in contact with author and we will see if he plan to do something more with gpengine.

Hi thx for you answers! :D

Unfortunatly my knowledges in programming in c or asm are not good enough to go on this work. :(
But may be some good programmers could be interested in. :)

Of course I don't blame the programmers who have done this great emu.I'm not able to do the quarter of what they done whith it!
But some improvements could be done.For exemple:

-Save state (of course)
-More choice of Frequency (140, 150,160) for those who can't play at 156 for exemple
-Configs saves (bye games would be the best)
-Supergraphx support.

I repeat it: Black & Giffel(and the others if they are) your emu is already great!!!

Thanks for your attention

Bye

Herc.:wacko:

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

RF support is 2 player gp32 using the RF link

u plug a RF link into your gp32 then u can play 2player games with a friend who has a gp32 and RF link

it means each gp32 can play aginst each other wirelessly so u both see the same game and u both see what each other does without looking at 1 gp32 ;)

:ph34r:

While the GPengine emulator is great I really hope they havent stopped working on it because it's really quite unfinished the way it is now. :(

I'm sure if they released the linkup version, the sales of the RF adapters would go right up.

Does anyone know how many pcengine games support the linkup anyway?

GPengine is only for playing PCengine/Turbografx16 games (roms.... dont ask where to find them we cant answer that here, except to say 'try google')

At the meetup much fun was had with Bomberman, in theory up to 4 players are supported (but GPengine only allows 2).

I'm also quite curious as to why this fully working version hasn't been released. I know 4-player support needs to be fixed but methinks the authors have just forgotten about the whole thing.

hercule18 posted on Apr 22 2004 at 10:21 AM said:
Hi,

Does anyone has some news about the emu? (next gpengine)

Bye

Herc. :ph34r:
If there was news, it would be on the main page, or even in the forum coincidently named News. Or even possibly a news post in the GPEngine forums. Dont worry, I dont think they would go out of thier way to somehow hide a release from you. If they make one / when they make one, there will surely be a news post one atleast one of those sources if not all three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes :huh: of course ,

But I'm so looking forward the next release :rolleyes: .

Sorry for my question, i'm just a Pc engine FAN (and now GP32 Too).

Since My GT is out of order i'm waiting for Pcengine Emu, Gpengine is already

the best :D , but...If autofire could implemented (with leftrigger and righttrigger

for exemple) etc...

I beg pardon to the devs of this great great emu... :unsure:

pleeeeeaaase :pray: Keep us informed of the progression.

Bye and thanks again

Herc. :ph34r:

Akuma no Houkon posted on Apr 22 2004 at 10:38 AM said:
Dont worry, I dont think they would go out of thier way to somehow hide a release from you. If they make one / when they make one, there will surely be a news post one atleast one of those sources if not all three.
hmm... you say that but they've HAD a new release (with RF linkup capabilities) for about a year now and it's never been released publicly

I'm sure there's a reason the didn't release it, prehaps they discover there were issues or it was an incomplete update with features missing that they meant to add before the official release.

The only recent news is that it's not a dead project, we just wish there was some sing of life out side of that declaration.

Also, thought I'd mention it here, on the gpengine page of gp32x (here) it says that overclocking could destroy you're gamepark, which is now obselete as people overclock everyday with no probs.

hando posted on Feb 25 2004 at 09:22 AM said:
I will try to get in contact with author and we will see if he plan to do something more with gpengine.
Has anybody been able to make contact with the author yet?
I would really like to take a stab at the source... as there are a lot of things missing. PCEAdvance has 2 games that it can't run (some more with graphical glitches), never crashes, supports SF2/CD-ROM etc...
I haven't compiled 1 line of code for GP32 yet, but I would like to give it a try.

Hey, hi there and welcome FluBBa :)
I hope you'll like coding on the GP32 :)

If you wanna get in contact with black, the best person to talk to would be hando, just PM or eMail him :)

FluBBa posted on Aug 4 2004 at 01:13 PM said:
hando posted on Feb 25 2004 at 09:22 AM said:
Has anybody been able to make contact with the author yet?
I would really like to take a stab at the source... as there are a lot of things missing. PCEAdvance has 2 games that it can't run (some more with graphical glitches), never crashes, supports SF2/CD-ROM etc...
I haven't compiled 1 line of code for GP32 yet, but I would like to give it a try.
Woot flubba is here. I'm sure if you need help in Gp32 the people on #gp32dev(EFnet) could help you. I'm not good at coding but I'm sure they are.

Back