Tms V888 Pmp Slider

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
predatorramboxxx said:
its like the one system that never came out(made by nokia i think). Does any body know about this? and what it can do? and where to buy it?
http://www.pmptoday.com/2007/08/16/tms-v88...pmp-from-china/

The makers are a company called TMS (Or Thompson), not Nokia. Unless you are refferring to the version from iRiver which never surfaced.

Also: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...8947&st=60#

yeah i was referring to the iriver thing for some reason i thought nokia makes it and yes i know its made by Thompson i bought something made by them and its great quality.

Nova said:
predatorramboxxx said:
its like the one system that never came out(made by nokia i think). Does any body know about this? and what it can do? and where to buy it?
http://www.pmptoday.com/2007/08/16/tms-v88...pmp-from-china/

The makers are a company called TMS (Or Thompson), not Nokia. Unless you are refferring to the version from iRiver which never surfaced.

Also: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...8947&st=60#

what i mean is what can it emulate and where you can buy it. i found it on a website where you have to inquire now and buy it in bulk

looks better than irivers design which had that crappy dpad that was identical to the buttons on the right side, so it was just like two sets of buttons

Why is everyone flocking to try and build up some big community out of 1 or 2 of the thousands of shitty generic mp4 players coming out of china by the boatload. They all have so damn many problems and will be discontinued quickly, with no support, to be replaced by other handhelds that are incompatible and have those problems fixed with all new ones introduced..... none of these things are ready for primetime for anythingbut what they are advertised to do and sometimes not even that....

I know a lot of people are sick of gp2x and I'm one of them but holy crap, have some standards, ya know? they'll make 50 of these and then you're fucked... good luck starting some big dev community around that...

@ SB... nobody buys these things expecting support from devs (although its great if they do!), they buy them because they're cheap and they possess some of the features people would like to see in their dream handheld. At the end of the day, it's just another toy, nothing really to get worked up about.

Well thats great now you got useless stuff lying around the house ready to peddle on ebay...

me personally even though I hate GPH, I for one won't be coddling any Chinese PMP ripoff even though onda for some reason caught my interest because of its closeness to the ipod touch but anyways these things are crippled and horrible now. I wouldn't touch these for another 10 years because thats maybe when actually make some that are decent...even though china already practically clones everything...from cars to any electronic possible.

garzyboi said:
Well thats great now you got useless stuff lying around the house ready to peddle on ebay...

me personally even though I hate GPH, I for one won't be coddling any Chinese PMP ripoff even though onda for some reason caught my interest because of its closeness to the ipod touch but anyways these things are crippled and horrible now. I wouldn't touch these for another 10 years because thats maybe when actually make some that are decent...even though china already practically clones everything...from cars to any electronic possible.
no dude there is some good Chinese mp4 players that don't stink..i have a wide screen thomson mp4 player it is impressive... i better screen then the zune and ipod
yes i have useless stuff which i sell on ebay..
i could only find this one website and you have to buy it in bulk or inquire it..

Some of them may be good for some things but developers going batshit about "I can't wait to code for this handheld" etc. seems misguided to me because the machine will be quickly discontinued and most of them have serious faults that prevent them from being even close to a well rounded device....

Stealth Bagel said:
Some of them may be good for some things but developers going batshit about "I can't wait to code for this handheld" etc. seems misguided to me because the machine will be quickly discontinued and most of them have serious faults that prevent them from being even close to a well rounded device....
still this system is tight and i want to get one

Back