Timidity

Jonney

Still Fresh
I recently upgraded my pandora to hotfix 5 by reflashing it. Since then I've been unable to get Scummvm to work with Timidity. Everything was working fine before I updated. Now when I try to launch a game that is setup to use MIDI, I get the error: failed to initalize sound driver. I've tried reinstalling Timidity to the NAND and SD, but neither seems to make a difference. Has anybody else encountered this issue, or is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently upgraded my pandora to hotfix 5 by reflashing it. Since then I've been unable to get Scummvm to work with Timidity. Everything was working fine before I updated. Now when I try to launch a game that is setup to use MIDI, I get the error: failed to initalize sound driver. I've tried reinstalling Timidity to the NAND and SD, but neither seems to make a difference. Has anybody else encountered this issue, or is it just me?

I have the same issue. Have only run varients of HF5 so I don't know if it worked with previous ones.

Yeah, I've got no sound at all in Scummvm since installing HF5. Odd though, I thought Timidity would only affect music and midi stuff, not sound effects and voices.

Thinking of downgrading to HF4 again...

Yeah, I've got no sound at all in Scummvm since installing HF5. Odd though, I thought Timidity would only affect music and midi stuff, not sound effects and voices.

Thinking of downgrading to HF4 again...

Got a link for HF4? I'm having the same issues and some others.

I just wanted to add that sound works in ScummVM for me with hotfix 5 as long as I leave it at defaults. As soon as I choose Timidity then it will crash into debug mode.

The plot thickens! I was using all defaults as well, and only started messing with the config when I found it had no sound.

So, HF4 is no longer available online? I hope I still have it somewhere on my desktop PC...

So I did still have it on my PC, and using a bit of logic (and the original file name), This seems to be still working!

I'm just about to start downgrading: I'll let you know how it goes.

[edit]Success! Flashed OK and Scummvm has sound again! [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this sound issue in HF5 being looked at by OP? Has a fix been found yet?

Back