timed out error!!help

rom99

Still Fresh
hi guys,

registered gp32 on gp32.com
installed drivers
downloaded pcuplink and the launcher prog

but now when i go to open the pcuplink prog i get in and when i try and copy or access my gp32 it says 'timed out'. It wont find and read the gp32.

the computer is fing the gp32 ok tho.

i am also putting thegp32 into computer read mode.

but does anyone know how i can solve this?????

to taunt me even more, the pcuplink recognises the gp32 for a couple seconds then it stops and says timed out.

i can start to transfer or format, but it wil stop and give me that error after a couple seconds.....

Go into pclink mode on your gp32 with the usb lead DISCONNECTED.

Load up Pclink on your pc, wait for the "Press ok" box.

Connect the USB cable, and the error message on the gp32 should vanish. Ensure you have a smc card in the slot.

Now press OK, and it should work.

If not, what os do you have? WinXP has much better drivers available.

nope still not working.

i have win 2000

i tried to use gp32 on an XP machine, but when i try and install the pclink file it says that it cannot run it as it is a 16bit programme! (dunno what im doing wrong here either!)

well ive got the GP32 uplink working in another win XP computer,.....
now....how do i get those emulators to work!

ive downloaded the snes ones on this site
snes9xgp.fxe
and
snes.ace

how do i get these to work on the gp32? i try and put them into a directory but whilst it says it is copying it doesnt.

how do i do this?

and also i got the doom port. are these meant to be installed or just copied to the gp32?

dump your FXE files into the GPMM directory and they can played via Freelauncher. ACE, RAR, ZIP files etc need to be extracted on the pc first.

As for the driver problem, uninstall the existing driver, delete any "gp32usb.inf" files, "gp32usb.sys" files, and then install these:

Windows 2000/XP GP32 Drivers

They are a hacked version of one of Microsoft's demo drivers, and work quite nicely under W2K and WXP. Certainly more reliable than the ones supplied by Gamepark!

Back