Big Problem With Black Screen And Charging Issues

Azuma

So, last night I went to sleep while I let my pandora charge (wifi was on, cpu at 500, and lid was closed). When I woke up this morning it was at 10% which happens pretty frequently. I always assumed the charger sort of shut off when it gets to 100% and the pandora just ended up dropping to 10% over time. It sure was a coincidence the battery ALWAYS seemed to be at 10% but I didn't think much of it as I could always fix it. Before today I would just reset the pandora and it would charge normally (it also built up from 10% after that btw). I tried to do this today and it didn't work. When I plug the charger in it charges for a moment and then just stops. I tried charging with an AC adapter and through USB btw. I tried to turn it off and take out the battery but it does the same thing. I also see it going below 10 % for the first time. The most recent time I've turned it on I see the boot logo and the Zaxxon loading bar, but when I get to xfce booting I just get a black screen. Soon after that the pandora will turn itself off. The solution seems obvious but I'm assuming reflashing with a battery that low is a really bad idea. What should I do to fix this?

I actually tried that many, many times but did it again and tried to make sure the battery was aligned to the left instead of the right. Not only did it work but now the battery reads 78%. The screen never came back on its own but I used the brightness control on the keyboard and got it to come back. This whole thing seems really strange to me to be honest. I've been using portable devices like these for as long as I could remember and I grew up with the belief that if it turns on the battery is working to its full capacity :lol: I can see now that's obviously not the case with the pandora though. Thanx for the simple solution. I thought this was going to be a huge pain to fix.

Back