Tilted Chip t-shirt design

Looking at the t-shirt design in the shop I have a few thoughts.

First, the red sleeve thingies are interesting.  I still don't know if I like or dislike that aspect.

The front stuff is a little crazier than I thought with "Pyra" all over.  I do like that.

The code thingy on the back that I don't use or remember the name of can be tilted and have little pins coming out of it to incorporate the chip, unless he already has these being made.  Maybe he can throw one of the chip slogans on there, also.

"Pyra, computing at a different angle"
I like that as a tagline

2ebs6r9.png

I hope that chip is the rotation chip too, guess ED or Askarus can tell us :)
Yup, would buy that on a tshirt.

Looking at the t-shirt design in the shop I have a few thoughts.

First, the red sleeve thingies are interesting.  I still don't know if I like or dislike that aspect.

The front stuff is a little crazier than I thought with "Pyra" all over.  I do like that.

The code thingy on the back that I don't use or remember the name of can be tilted and have little pins coming out of it to incorporate the chip, unless he already has these being made.  Maybe he can throw one of the chip slogans on there, also.

I just see this shirt.

pyra-t-shrit.jpg
pyra-t-shrit.jpg

Personally, I'm not a fan of the raglan style tees.

I think those look a bit too much like something that keen cyclists wear :)

I do like the psychopathic text Pyra all over the front though, that's a nice touch.

The QR code, I agree, that should definitely had the tilt applied :)

Also, I think that QR code would've looked nicer if it was incorporated into the Pyra logo, so the back had a bit Pyra logo rather than a square.

You can do that with these codes, like these examples

qrimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I'm not a fan of the raglan style tees.
I think those look a bit too much like something that keen cyclists wear  
That is what I thought upon seeing it (I went to the company making it to confirm things such as the material used: 100% cotton).  Others call this style a "baseball shirt" I guess.

I do like the psychopathic text Pyra all over the front though, that's a nice touch.
Yes, this is the kind of thing I like.  This is also the approach I hope for with the tilted chip t-shirt.  I suppose I can always just make my own.

The QR code, I agree, that should definitely had the tilt applied
And, throw on the pins.  Thinking about it now, the tilt isn't as noteworthy without a frame of reference, kinda like the star QR code.

Also, I think that QR code would've looked nicer if it was incorporated into the Pyra logo, so the back had a bit Pyra logo rather than a square.

The opposite approach was taken, with the logo being in the QR code.  I don't feel that QR Codes ever look nice.  There are some related things that look cool, though, like shotcodes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ShotCode

Make the QR code smaller, tilt it to the right left, include it in the map of the motherboard as the tilted chip.

QR codes read fine at any angle.

Do people really stop to scan QR codes on t-shirts?
My question is "Do people really stop to scan QR codes?"

I thought you could just take a picture or something.  I don't use em, so I don't know or care if it works, but I don't want random people taking pictures of me or scanning me.

Cue jokes about nerds living exclusively in their parents' basement.

but I don't want random people taking pictures of me
I'm afraid that in today's society the only way to avoid that is to not go outside.
I try to do that.

I think there are other options, but most are not feasible.  One that is would likely result in imprisonment.  I guess the question is do you want to be a prisoner in your home or wherever the govt sends you.

A more complicated design, directly traced from ED's photos:

post-3032-0-22062000-1406578240.png
Am I the only one who sees a tilted, amazed (open mouth) cow on that design? :p :D :D :D

Isn't it kind of wonky? Askew?

20z9qip.png

...domain name is available too :)
I like this design for a t-shirt, but only with a single chip (the tilted one).

The T-Shirts had to be submissed before all the tilted chip thread, as they need to be ready for the GamesCom.

But I love that idea :D

I also love the WonkyChip-T-Shirt design - I'll probably do that as well at some time.

There IS a Pyra-Logo inside the QR-Code, it's just not well visible in that low resolution, but will be very visible on the shirt.

Now I have to decide if I want to give ED my money for a shirt that has some things I like ("Pyra" all over it and the red logo on black) and some I don't (QR code asking to be scanned, the sleeves), to help support the Pyra now and use my chest as a Pyra billboard to raise awareness, or wait for a possible tilted chip shirt that I may also not like, and delay my small contribution to funding and advertising.  

I should probably get both, but I would like to see pics of people wearing the current Pyra shirt first.   

Back