1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Tiling window manager?

Discussion in 'Pandora OS (SuperZaxxon GNU/Linux)' started by xnopasaranx, Nov 13, 2013.

1. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

That's quite advanced usage by my reckoning - did you find all that stuff in opkg form, or are you doing that on top of a pandian base or something? Personally, I've always stuck with the default Angstrom/SuperZaxxon OS because everything works, and things do get patched if you ask for them.

2. ladyerrant

ladyerrant Newbie

Its running on SZ. I found a virtualbox image for a cross compilation environment...somewhere on here. Apologies, I can't find the post. I'll report back with that when I find it. Anyway, I compiled it up in that and copied it over to the pandora. I modified .xinitrc to start DWM, I also had to edit /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap and comment out the line for the pandora button. Without that pressing the pandora button would close whatever application had focus, and I set DWM up to use the pandora button as the meta key.

xnopasaranx and levi like this.
  3. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

I guess the VirtualBox image is @sebt3's

4. ladyerrant

ladyerrant Newbie

5. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

@ladyerrant I thought it wasn't possible to use the pandora key as mod. I need to try this! whats the keycode?

I would love a write up of your DWM setup. Nice to see so many tiling wm enthusiasts here!

6. ladyerrant

ladyerrant Newbie

@xnopasaranx In config.h I've got this set "#define MODKEY Mod4Mask"

I'll work on getting a writeup on my blog this weekend

xnopasaranx likes this.
  7. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

@ladyerrant thanks! according to the dwm docs, mod4mask is the windows key. That should be easy enough to map in i3.

8. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

On my i3 server, I have configured the windows key as my i3 modifier (e.g. it's win+enter for a new terminal, or win+F to go fullscreen). IIRC the default is left alt, but it's a defined option to use the windows key on keyboards that have them instead, I seem to remember.

9. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

yes I always use the win key as mod for i3 on my computers. I just didn't know, that the pandora key was mapped like that.

levi likes this.