Tiling window manager?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
That's quite advanced usage by my reckoning - did you find all that stuff in opkg form, or are you doing that on top of a pandian base or something? Personally, I've always stuck with the default Angstrom/SuperZaxxon OS because everything works, and things do get patched if you ask for them.

ladyerrant

Still Fresh
Website
voidptr.org
Its running on SZ. I found a virtualbox image for a cross compilation environment...somewhere on here. Apologies, I can't find the post. I'll report back with that when I find it. Anyway, I compiled it up in that and copied it over to the pandora. I modified .xinitrc to start DWM, I also had to edit /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap and comment out the line for the pandora button. Without that pressing the pandora button would close whatever application had focus, and I set DWM up to use the pandora button as the meta key.

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Its running on SZ. I found a virtualbox image for a cross compilation environment...somewhere on here. Apologies, I can't find the post. I'll report back with that when I find it. Anyway, I compiled it up in that and copied it over to the pandora. I modified .xinitrc to start DWM, I also had to edit /etc/pandora/conf/eventmap and comment out the line for the pandora button. Without that pressing the pandora button would close whatever application had focus, and I set DWM up to use the pandora button as the meta key.
I guess the VirtualBox image is @sebt3's

___

Advanced Member
@ladyerrant I thought it wasn't possible to use the pandora key as mod. I need to try this! whats the keycode?

I would love a write up of your DWM setup. Nice to see so many tiling wm enthusiasts here!

___

Advanced Member
@ladyerrant thanks! according to the dwm docs, mod4mask is the windows key. That should be easy enough to map in i3.

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
On my i3 server, I have configured the windows key as my i3 modifier (e.g. it's win+enter for a new terminal, or win+F to go fullscreen). IIRC the default is left alt, but it's a defined option to use the windows key on keyboards that have them instead, I seem to remember.

___

Advanced Member
yes I always use the win key as mod for i3 on my computers. I just didn't know, that the pandora key was mapped like that.