Ti Calc

Yeah, when you buy the 100$ calculator, you're not really buying the hardware (which is dirt-cheap), you're paying for the software.

FFNoir posted on Jul 29 2006 at 09:44 PM said:
Yeah, when you buy the 100$ calculator, you're not really buying the hardware (which is dirt-cheap), you're paying for the software.

it's funny that there is actually truth in that

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge posted on Jul 29 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I don't know about a quick port, but I'm game for making my own Ti emu - it'll make a refreshing change :)

Now, which Z80 emu source should I steal :D (I plan on doing the Ti-86)

Oh yes, and a nice rom...
ALL OF THEM

*calms down*

JaqMs posted on Jul 29 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
Loubear posted on Jul 27 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
Why would you want to emulate a calculator? Would be a pain in the ass to input anything too...
Are you an idiot, do you not see how useful a calculator emulator would be? Instead of having to buy the GP2X and a $100 calculator, you just have to get the GP2X. If a calculator was ported/made on the GP2X, I, JaqMs, will get a GP2X.
Im sure that typing a calculation an a real one is 10 times quicker than on the gp2x... I already have one atleast :D (and costs as much as a gp2x :S)

Javacat posted on Jul 29 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
But you need to own the $100 calculator in order to legally use the BIOS, required by the emulator....

No.

A) An emulator doesnt necessarily require the BIOS, but it is far easier to implement that way.
B) Using the BIOS if you do not own the calculator is legal.

TI distributes the BIOS on their website to anyone. Download it, use it, feel free.

Sparr posted on Jul 30 2006 at 05:17 PM said:
Javacat posted on Jul 29 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
But you need to own the $100 calculator in order to legally use the BIOS, required by the emulator....

No.

A) An emulator doesnt necessarily require the BIOS, but it is far easier to implement that way.
B) Using the BIOS if you do not own the calculator is legal.

TI distributes the BIOS on their website to anyone. Download it, use it, feel free.
A) I meant the Operating System, not the BIOS for the calculator.
B) You can only use the OS if you are licensed to do so. The license for the download isn't very clear, but it states that you can only use the OS on a calculator and keep a backup copy on a PC.

Yes, I strongly believe the 2x needs more apps to go along with all its games. It is essentially a handheld linux computer. With more programs and utilities the better. Calc, notepad, paint, address book, media player are just some of the basics it needs to make it more versatile.

Well don't forget that you can also play many free gmaes on TI Calculators.. A lot of them are crap, but some aren't (Calcrogue, anyone?)

Megagun posted on Jul 30 2006 at 01:33 PM said:
Well don't forget that you can also play many free gmaes on TI Calculators.. A lot of them are crap, but some aren't (Calcrogue, anyone?)

calcrogue is too buggy for me. Even the map generator screws up (inaccessible rooms...)

jmetal88 posted on Jul 29 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
Alright! We got Squidge on the project!

If anyone wants to do a quick port, don't hold back because of me. Mine will probably take a while, because I'm not porting, but rather writing from scratch :) (apart from the Z80 cpu emu of course)

Squidge posted on Jul 30 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
jmetal88 posted on Jul 29 2006 at 04:26 PM said:
Alright! We got Squidge on the project!

If anyone wants to do a quick port, don't hold back because of me. Mine will probably take a while, because I'm not porting, but rather writing from scratch :) (apart from the Z80 cpu emu of course)

i can sure wait, your work is always top notch

Yes I understand this I have a ti 83 plus and 84 plus silver Therefore I have my own dump I would just like the ability to use one on the gp2x

Back