This Sucks

skelevisi0n

Still Fresh
I got my GP2x F200 from Ebay just about a week ago now, and I'm finding it incredibly frustrating. Most things that apparently have no problems running on everyone else's GP2X just will not run at all on my machine. SNES emus are fine, I have no problems with either Drpocketsnes or squidgesnes. Picodrive runs some games, but refuses to run others (including Sonic 2). ScummVM does not play Loom (freezes on VGA version, and I get a 'cannot find resource' message on EGA version), or any of the Broken Sword games (lockups shortly after boot). Gmenu2x just shows a black screen when I boot it, and it locks up - similar to the CPU speed checker app, which just quits to menu after selecting it. I got this machine for the awesome open source opportunities it offered, but being restricted to SNES and GBA is not what I had in mind - I can do that on my DS. And yes, I have reformatted countless times with everything, redownloaded, to no avail whatsoever. Any idea what's wrong with it?

My suggestion would be to read the readme-files that come with the emulators, and read them carefully. The instructions in the readme-files are usually pretty good. Also remember to not edit any config files with Windows notepad, but use programmers notepad or something similar. Furthermore, the archive comments, wikipages (wiki.gp2x.org and http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/GP2X/Compatibility for scummvm) and of course these forums are useful.

I got my F200 (fw 4.0) few weeks ago and have been asking all kinds of crazy questions on these forums, and some people have helped me, but honestly, most of my questions had answers on the readme files. I am having a blast with my F200 personally now that I have gotten everything to work the way it's supposed to work! :)

Thanks for the advice. I found that reformatting the card into FAT32 (it had just been in FAT) helped with some of the MD games; they were corrupted. I got Loom working in scummvm as well because of this (the VGA version still locks up though).

What's the firmware version in your F-200?

EDIT: Another thing, did you try a different SD card?

Are u suck then me? I spend week try put all my movies and game that i dl from internet into the enternal hard drive and now the gp2x cradle won't read. This is so fuck up i try everything keep format over and over again then put movies back in but still ain't work.

tony2k1 said:
Are u suck then me? I spend week try put all my movies and game that i dl from internet into the enternal hard drive and now the gp2x cradle won't read. This is so fuck up i try everything keep format over and over again then put movies back in but still ain't work.
Wow! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Manjuu said:
What's the firmware version in your F-200?

EDIT: Another thing, did you try a different SD card?
1. 4.1.1

2. Yes, to no avail whatsoever.

tony2k1 said:
Why do you want to use external hard drive with gp2x? Why not just buy a big SDHC card and use that? That would be a quick solution.

Back