This ?)(/& Sd Card

racoon

I bought my sd card some days ago (Hypermemory 1GB) and a Traxdata 11in1 cardreader, worked nice until some hours ago... it keeps telling me its read only, no matter if I try to access it through the reader or my gp2x....
It's even worse cause it had a "do no remove"-sticker on it, when I first insterted the card into the gp2x the sticker made it to thick and went off *-* ....

Can anyone explain me what to do or how to format the sd card or whatever?? Help please, and the physical lock is NOT LOCKED for sure ;)

Help!!!

Ah, had a simular problem here.

There is a slide mechanism in most card readers, and the sticker, or lock on SD cards causes an extra pin to connect or not connect to the physical contact on the SD card. If you can get your readers pin to bend up, your card can be made "read/write always".

Good luck.

I used a paper clip to figure out the mechanism, then bent the pin accordingly. Not the best idea, but otherwise I had a read only reader.

mth411 posted on Dec 23 2005 at 11:56 PM said:
Ah, had a simular problem here.

There is a slide mechanism in most card readers, and the sticker, or lock on SD cards causes an extra pin to connect or not connect to the physical contact on the SD card. If you can get your readers pin to bend up, your card can be made "read/write always".

Good luck.

I used a paper clip to figure out the mechanism, then bent the pin accordingly. Not the best idea, but otherwise I had a read only reader.
hint: its got something to do with the OS cause it works on winXP (just figued that out)... I dont wanna have to switch to XP everytime I wanna transfer something though so any help appreciated....
It worked flawlessly on lin before, no idea why it stopped working properly...

EDIT: Another question: I got a 320x240 Mpeg video on my gp2x with the extension .mpeg .... but its not even recognized as a movie by the mplayer, any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 24 2005 at 05:05 AM said:
about the video, i'm pretty sure only .avi files are currently supported.....
Thanks, didnt know that they had this restriction too...
I already got other problems ;D :
Tilematch isnt working anymore as well as kobo deluxe, but rockdodger is still working (needs SDL too so it shouldnt be that)...
even recopied tilematch but it didnt help...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back