This Poll Is About Buttons.

WAT IS IT

• YBXA (GP2X style)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • XABY (SNES/DS style)

• TriangleCircleCrossSquare (Playstation style)

• NSEW

• Greek letters

• UpDownLeftRight

• Other (enumerate below)

• Replace the buttons with a second D-pad

• Don't care

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exophase said:
I kinda wish the SNES/DS style option wasn't included since it won't be done. I wonder if those can be combined into Greek SNES :/
It doesn't matter anyway, as currently 26.8% of users want them labelled as "Don't care" ;)

But yeah, Greek is a very close 2nd, but may require a little user education.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
I kinda wish the SNES/DS style option wasn't included since it won't be done. I wonder if those can be combined into Greek SNES :/
I'm sure the powers that be would be considering that, however now I wonder if one of the considerations is the ease and inexpensiveness of getting pre-stamped A/B/X/Y buttons?

chad78 said:
Exophase said:
So what if you have to learn "some magic keyboard sequence", is that really so bad?
Yes. Yes it is that bad. God - why make any extra work for anybody? Again - people are thinking I'm just concerned for myself - as I mentioned in my post - this is about the volunteer programmers - this is about the volunteer walk-thru authors - this is about the volunteer help file writers. This is about anybody that does any work for the Pandora. Make it as easy as possible. It's also about the user. If I - as a end user - am explaining to another end user how to do the fatality move on Pandora Kombat - why should it be harder than saying "X X < < Y B >"? Why should it be "? ? << HOME CHECKMARK >" or "theta theta << lambda mu >" And if ? is one of them - that's going to cause confusion - because placing a ? in the middle of a sequence usually means you don't know what to do there. And I would wager hard money that the average gamer doesn't know the difference between an epsilon and an umlaut.

Typing sequence of ' αβαβ ' not need a lot of time ( yes i know i am under Ubuntu and use the applet 'palette de caractères' of gnome )

and without it , it easy too under this forum or another ( blog .... ) : αβαβ

with typing :
HTML
&alpha;&beta;&alpha;&beta;

i'm programmer and don't think it is too difficult to type .
and when Pandora has keyboard , it is better no label buttons gaming with letters presents on keyboard very too confuse for end-user

and for the excellent idea of Squidge here these actions buttons doesn't need label with meaning

in fact i have problems with the 'A' button of NDS , a few weeks ago i've play a lot with a game action and after half hour i begin to suffer to my thumb , so i had must stop play :wacko: , it is because i have very little hand ( same size of my girl of nine years :) ) , if i want to can push on R shoulder and A button , my thumb has a very bad position who make me suffer at long time ( no problem with GBA SP, Gamegear, and SNES :wub: )

so if action button of Pandora has same position, it would be great to choose the ' West' or 'South' button for first action game .... even in emulators :) and with idea of Squidge ( and mine too ) everybody could make his choice B)

Squidge said:
Exophase said:
It doesn't matter anyway, as currently 26.8% of users want them labelled as "Don't care" ;)

It's second, but it still has only the support of 1/5th of the voters. You'll need a runoff to find out if it's really the most popular, or is just a protest vote.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a legal injunction against using the SNES/DS option?

Esn said:
Sorry if I missed it, but is there a legal injunction against using the SNES/DS option?
More fear of possible reprisal/patent claim. It's in the "best not to risk it" category AFAIK.

GunPei2X said:
Esn said:
More fear of possible reprisal/patent claim. It's in the "best not to risk it" category AFAIK.

Then surely this would also apply to "PlayStation-style"? Or even "GP2X-style"?

Esn said:
Then surely this would also apply to "PlayStation-style"? Or even "GP2X-style"?
Playstation style almost definitely. GP2X, well I doubt GPH could afford to start proceedings ;)

Squidge said:
Exophase said:

Not a fair comparison, try considering the rest of the votes "do care" that are 73.2%

I imagine that for legal reasons, the SNES votes will be redirected to their nearest equivalent. Kind of like the Australian preferential voting system. It's all Greek to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back