This Is What I Call "customer Satisfaction"

Fda

Still Fresh
Well, i'm amazed.

Last thursday, i sent a mail to the After Sales Center: i asked for info about spare parts (i needed the external volume buttons and the right rubber pad, which i broke)(please, don't ask). 1 hour later i received a mail asking for my address and phone. "Oh, well" i thought "Probably they will call me back, detailing prices and shipping". I sent the info and waited. Nothing happened, since today.
When i got home i found a letter in my box: it contained the volume buttons and two spare pads.
For free.

Ok, not very expensive, but still.........

Oh, by the way! Nice to 'meet' you :)
Long time lurker, here

EDIT: thanks for the move! :)

I just had a good run in with Gamersection.ca's. My volume buttons were broken somehow when I pressed on them to go back into the menu in the SNEs emulator. I sent it to them and they received it on Friday, they sent it back on Monday (they are not open on Sat and Sun) and I just got it an hour ago. They even sent me a new screen protector because it was on the Wiz that broke.

All in all, I'm quite happy.

Also, how does the volume buttons work? I kinda wanna know how mine broke. How exactly are the inside buttons touching the outside buttons?

I think the main issue may be the way the two external buttons are connected. They are, infact, a single part, not two distinct ones. Connected by a very thin and breaking-prone plastic band.
See for yourself: these were mine (the left one is the old, broken and 'self-fixed', pad). Keep in mind that they were broken.

p1000018yh.jpg

The internal buttons are small metal boxes with a smaller plastic button on the side, placed on the back of the circuit board (meaning they are on the opposite side of the screen). See the small protruding ledge in the middle of each button? This is what touches the internal button. This means the external button and the internal ones are not on the same level. It's like having an upside-down letter "L" as volume button: you may be pressing on the horizontal line, but the tip of the vertical line is what really presses on the internal part.

And the worst part is that also the internal buttons are easily breakable. So, the lesson is: don't try to disassemble the wiz unless you're not ready to face the consequences! :lol:

i found disassembling easier than re-assembling, which i had to do twice because i didn't look how to place the rubber thingy below the DPAD ;)

i also had a problem with one of volume buttons, one of them broke off the board internally. gladfully a friend is _very_ good at soldering and fixed it for me. seems they are quite error-prone...

Back