-this- Is How I'll Be Internetting With Pandora.

Gruso said:
Interesting info Chris. Nice work on the enquiry. I'm not exactly sure what the upshot is here, but I'm guessing it could be one of two things:

1. They're trying to sell a separate (unnecessary) 3G connection. (They're a phone company after all.) Or,

2. The INQ1's hidden surprise is that the advertised 3G modem functionality is only available if you pay an additional access fee.

Either way, it's something to look into before purchasing. Glad you asked some questions in this thread, you may just have uncovered a sneaky little trap. :)

For the record, you were on the right path - we are indeed talking about using the phone as a modem.

Hi Gruso,

Thanks thats clearer now, It's a shame if it is the case, it's a good deal anyway, but if you could use it with the pandora it would be a great deal.

Can I just ask, why this topic is in this part of the forum?? (other stuff>other consoles> )

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when I was on 3 it was like this, they wouldn't allow any sort of tethering for internet access without signing up to a monthly plan that would allow it, you couldn't even use the phone as a modem.

Back