Thinking Of Selling Up - Talk Me Out Of It?

owen-b

Still Fresh
Since getting my MkII I've barely used it. Once I got over the initial thrill of the new, finding and downloading emus and ROMs that I wanted, putting a few Family Guy eps on there, I found that I barely ever played it. It's gorgeous, and clever, and very cool to have something that effortlessly plays all those classics portably, but the fact remains... I don't ever play it. I hardly have time for my DS Lite, let alone the GP2X as well.

So I'm thinking of selling either to someone from the Eurogamer forums, or on eBay. But I can't help but wonder if I'm making a mistake for some reason.

Anyone?

:)

Draken posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
The promising new homebrew? The big compo's ending soon?
Haven't really been at all excited by the homebrew really, though... :( Other than Vektar and Payback, what am I missing, or about to miss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need the money that much?
It's not an expensive console to own, and it will only get a wider software base with time.

I think, if you're asking people to talk you out of it, you don't really want to sell.

If you haven't got time, you haven't got time. But you will one day, I'm sure.

Why should we convince you to keep it? It's not like we hold any stock in GPH ...

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:29 PM said:
Do you need the money that much?
It's not an expensive console to own, and it will only get a wider software base with time.

I think, if you're asking people to talk you out of it, you don't really want to sell.

If you haven't got time, you haven't got time. But you will one day, I'm sure.
I just don't play it, though. Like... ever. And there's something specific I want to get that I will definitely play a lot more (coughDSezPasscough)...

owen-b posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:27 PM said:
Draken posted on Jul 25 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
The promising new homebrew? The big compo's ending soon?
Haven't really been at all excited by the homebrew really, though... :( Other than Vektar and Payback, what am I missing, or about to miss?
If homebrew doesn't excite you and emulators didn't end up interesting you, and playing videos turns out to not be desirable, there isn't much left. The only way you'd be making a mistake is if your opinion is going to change about these things, and we can't figure that out for you.

If you're not happy with the GP2X get that DS that you so much want, you will miss the best part of the future of the GP2X though, some really big things are about to happen.

... But that is your decision after all ;) .

X-Code posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:46 PM said:
If you're not happy with the GP2X get that DS that you so much want, you will miss the best part of the future of the GP2X though, some really big things are about to happen.

... But that is your decision after all ;) .
I thought he said he had a DS Lite already.

I do find his title choice "selling up" to be confusing though.

I think he should at least hang on until the PSX emu is released with the Dynamic Recompiler core and Unai's new GPU. If he can get the memory clocker in on it we might have playable 3D soon, he said initial and unsubstantiated tests are showing that the 3D is improved by a greater percentage than 2D.

I too am waiting for some better 3D and/or homebrew, not to mention a good Descent port, Love that game.

Draken posted on Jul 25 2006 at 02:13 PM said:
What's up with all these idiots joining the forums?
oh :eek: /offended

:D :D :p .

Seriously if jessi is a psuedonym I want to know who is foisting this travesty upon us.

I suppose the mods could match the IP to some other account, but it might be a frisky mod at the other end anyway.

Owen, if you don't use it, then just sell it mate. No one here's going to talk you out of it, makes no difference to any of us.

My GP2X is the coolest gadget I've ever owned and there's waaaayyy too much stuff that I want to play on it. Mileage may vary.

If you can afford to, I would keep it because there will always be new things coming out on it. However, if you "need" the money, go ahead and sell it. It would actually benefit the community more if you sold it to a potential developer/contributor to the community than if you just had it sitting on your desk covered in dust.

I've got a DS with a passkey, owen-b, but don't actually use it too much. Once you have every game for the DS, you soon realise that there's only a select few that you actually want to play. I tend to use a handheld for quick blasts on games, so fast MAME emulation is a greater plus for me.

Back