Thinking Of Selling Gp32

Axeman posted on Mar 27 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
I bet there's some kind of back door left in the PSP by he Sony developers....
Interesting thought, but I doubt it, because while many people would buy it if it got some good emus, it would also pave the way for piracy of commercial games, and since Sony are making a massive loss on each unit sold, this would be very bad for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable how misinformed people are. From what I have read, the PSP has 2x 333mhz MIPS CPU similar or was it exactly the same as the PS2's (can't remember). It also has a good mobile graphics chip which is rated at 166mhz.

The cpu is throttled down to 222mhz to save on battery power, which makes it the first handheld to be future proof. Once a better battery arrives devs will be able to code for the PSP at 333mhz and the games should look even better than they do now. Note this 333mhz CAN NOT be compared to an ARM chip and x86 chip or whatever because it is a different chip. Clock speed means nothing. PS1 had a 33mhz Risc CPU and puts the GP32 to shame.

Emulation wise, I'd say it could do PS1 no problem. N64 would be really really pushing it.

mr twit posted on Mar 28 2005 at 01:10 AM said:
The Xbox can only just emulate the N64 and it has a 733 mhz processor, plus a bloody powerful graphics chip.
Note that the GPU XDK is not available to the xbox community. Every homebrew app on xbox runs ONLY on CPU

onionfrog posted on Mar 27 2005 at 11:47 PM said:
Mame is excellent.

Actually Mame would be better if I could find the correct ROMS to run on it. I have tons of different versions of mame roms and so far I have only gotten Space Invaders to run okay!

Regarding the GP32, don't sell it just coz you're presently bored with it. Who knows what you will want to play with in the future ;)

Back