The system specific game recommendation thread list.

Well putting it in music terms is helpful indeed I've been playing guitar for years (deathcore and such) but I remember those painful days where I spent hours focusing on proper technique and the painful days of building calluses on my finger tips. But back on topic I love gaming and music which I know are different fields but I think if I really dedicate myself to this like I did with music it would be for games and emulation and whatever else would fall my way with that but music programs would be a nice I don't know tho it seem just like a fun field to get into

Rakuga Kids is a quite bonkers, but enjoyable N64 fighting game & pretty hard to find these days - got mine boxed from Oxfam £1.99, would be surprised if it runs on Pandora though, haven't played for a while but i seem to remember that it had loooong loading times and a few glitches - definately worth tracking down.

Rakuga Kids.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
PSP doesn't (yet) play on the Pandora.
Yet, when you say that, you mean like it's easy to port or not?

Hahah.... No. That's not what he's saying. Someone was working on it, last I heard. Not sure if it's still being worked on. It'd be nice, I think, but I don't think it's very likely at all.

It'd be nice, though. I've never played a PSP, but I'm sure it's got some decent games on it.

[…]

Hahah.... No. That's not what he's saying. Someone was working on it, last I heard. Not sure if it's still being worked on. It'd be nice, I think, but I don't think it's very likely at all.

It'd be nice, though. I've never played a PSP, but I'm sure it's got some decent games on it.
The only decent games are PS1 ones… and a bunch of "native" games like Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicle 2 … hmmm … LocoRoco and Lumines?

If you want great "PSP" games, just use PSX reArmed on Pandora and play PS1 games
wink.gif

I love Wipeout games, so I would say that Pulse and Pure are part of the best games on PSP.

But it look like it's not a universally shared view.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only decent games are PS1 ones… and a bunch of "native" games like Kingdom Hearts, Valkyria Chronicle 2 … hmmm … LocoRoco and Lumines?

If you want great "PSP" games, just use PSX reArmed on Pandora and play PS1 games
wink.gif

I love Wipeout games, so I would say that Pulse and Pure are part of the best games on PSP.

But it look like it's not a universally shared view.
I kind of disagree with that. I don't know why the PSP games constantly get underrated, there are many gems, sometimes hidden in the vast pile of crap. It's true though that most of them are sequels or ports from the PS1 or PS2, but who cares?

To name a few, +1 for Valkyria Chronicles, but also the Grand Theft Auto games (Liberty City and Vice City stories), Sid Meier's Pirates! is also great on PSP, God of War, Field Commander, Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tekken Resurrection, Outrun 2006, Burnout Legends, Final Fantasy Tactics, Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc), the Monster Hunter series, Resistance: retribution, ....

That's just from the top of my head, there are many more.

Viking- peace walker is excellent, not quite as good as GBA's Ghost Babel (10/10) but still top notch. Required playing if you are following the mgs timeline.

Klaus kinski- Is Raguka kids the same as the PS1 game Rakuga Showtime? Excellent ps1 game never got ported to USA, a grail in a very small community.

Theo- I hear you, the psp will go down 8-10 years from now along with the Saturn. ppl will go back with emulators and be like "holy shit, there were really this good of games on it, why didn't I notice these when I was young".

Gravedigging I know, but I just noticed this thread today!

Terracon for ps1: probably the most visually and technically impressive game on this platform!

Martian Gothic: Unification for ps1. Survival horror on Mars, quite hard but love the atmosphere!

yes but even the youngest of pandora users should know about notable ps1 and n64 games, not everyone knows about even great gems like amiga
Hey ! I am THE youngest Pandora user ! And I know what the Amiga is . Been chewing over one for games for a while .

This shouldn't ( with hope ) be grave digging as this thread is pinned . 3ds : metal gear solid snake eater 3d

This thread is great (late to the party), though I was thinking, how about genre specific recommendation threads?

Start one up Asatiir :)

Then I'll go post Einhander as a shmup.

For here, it's a great PS1 title

Back