The stupidest mistake using the Pandora?

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Can you recall the stupidest mistake you ever made whilst using the Pandora??

For example...Attempting to insert the sd card backwards and then angrily swearing the sd card slot has malfunctioned.  :eek:   :p

I know I  have made many blunders and bloopers.

Hard reseting multiple times to escape DosBox only later to recall that one has to press the L/R/Q buttons to escape. :huh:   :)

Yes I have done the above and more. B)   :ph34r:

Last edited:
Using a cheap SD to Micro SD adaptor that got stuck in the slot.

I nearly shot my cat with an SD card I was ejecting! I've never seen a card eject so fast or go so far on any system I've owned.

Meeeoooooww!!!

^ Lucky I wear glasses otherwise I could of lost an eye when doing that myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
While building a TV out cable, I got a little anxiuos to try it out and ended up filling my EXT port with super glue.

Had the super ejecting sd card thing twice.

Also forgetting there was no sdcard inserted and swearing when no programs appeared in the menu...

Trying to turn on pandora with no battery inserted...etc.

Sometimes i think i validate darwins theory of evolution from algae...

Generally though i think evolution is bollocks.

Sometimes i think i validate darwins theory of evolution from algae...
Generally though i think evolution is bollocks.

that should be Wallace's Theory of Evolution he was robbed of the scientific accolade by his more well-known contemporary...

if evolution is bollocks explain this guy(!):

frogfish.png

clearly this fish has begun to evolve legs

Anyway back on topic my biggest Pandora Mistake was loaning my then new CC-Batch-One to my wife so she could play some Master System games, on receiving the pandora she promptly dropped it, bashing in the right shoulder-button into the main body of the casing rendering it unusable. To her credit she insisted on repairing it herself and as she's pretty good with a soldering iron she did a reasonable job at repairing the damage, the button was useable after that, though it didnt return when pressed or have any tactile feedback whatsoever.

When I received it, I plugged it into the USB to charge. It responded by unexpectedly starting up. I panicked and unplugged it again. Fortunately, the battery had some charge in it already.

Mine is probably that I didn't stop using low power mode when I lost the power switch cover on mine. A few weeks later, I found the cover, but not after I broke the plastic tab that joins the power switch to the switch cover by using my little finger nail to keep tweaking it.

Being so excited when I finally got my pandora that I left it balanced precariously on a stack of paper on my work desk, then having it fall and break the screen on my office chairs legs.

Oh look, new software in the repo!

(downloads new software, slaps it on the SD card)

Whoops, forgot to put needed files in the appdata folder!

(puts SD card in PC, copies files over, accedentally removes card before file copy is completed)

How come the Pandora isnt picking up my SD card?

(puts SD card back in computer)

Needs to be formatted before use?  Data corruption?  Oh crap!  I don't have this cards contents backed up, now I gotta redownload all those PNDs from the repo and put in proper files in appdata for everything all over again!

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

(just push the button)

I had owned my pandora for a week, and then i connected it to a speaker at work. Only to notice that the speaker had input and output both plugged with 1 cable. No more sound for me. I think i will never forgive myself  -.-' ( Atleast until i get the money for a 1ghz) but hey, i like the smell of fried electronics..

Mine is probably that I didn't stop using low power mode when I lost the power switch cover on mine. A few weeks later, I found the cover, but not after I broke the plastic tab that joins the power switch to the switch cover by using my little finger nail to keep tweaking it.
I did this also :-(

You probably know this (although I didn't so I thought I'd post it anyway) you can set low power mode to activate when you close the lid (in lid closed settings)

1. Broke the power switch lever "learning" how to disassemble and reassemble the Pandora. (CC)
2. Cracked the LCD "learning" how to take the top half apart and put it back together. (CC)
3. Broke the LCD Connector during a "simple" button swap. (1 GHz)

Trying to use Flash, haven't made any other mistakes other than removing and corrupting an SD card.

Having the Pandora laying around when arguing with my girlfriend.

Pandora flew through the room. Touchscreenlayer broken :(

Back