What about the Koreans?

Mash

There is alot of software released here, for us english-speaking (mostly), non-asian country people. I'm talking about all the emulators and ports and stuff. But how come I never see anything coming from Korean developpers, after all, they are the ones that released the gp32. I know they make the official games, and some homebrews are from there, but it seems like "we" are the ones that are making all the emulators... my question is, where is all the Korean shit?

Actually, the GP32 isn't exactly the biggest video gaming thing ever in Korea as best I can tell. I have a Korean friend who I showed my GP32 and he didn't really know what it was. But, when I loaded up GP Engine on it, he recognised PC Engine games straight away! I thought that was pretty wierd, myself...

Good point maybe we can do a google.kr search?If someone could translate some stuff

The thing I don't understand is how Korea launched this thing in the first place.

It is insanely difficult to launch a product, let alone a new platform. This is one of the most obscure pieces of Computing hardware that I have ever come across.

Consider that Ericsson sunk 500Million into the non-released Handheld (I forget the name... Red-something I believe) and you have some idea what is involved. - but Gamepark did it - now where is the community - good question.

They have tons of gaming over there, but mostly related to Internet Cafe stuff (such as Lineage and the Blizzard games...). I wonder what motivated them o release this platform in the first place. But thankfully they did.

HZ :ph34r:

Back