The Sega dreamcast.

Sega were owned by a MUCH larger corporation that needed money. As such this corporation made the dreamcast responsible for bringing them into profit again or shoring up losses.

In other words the DC had an impossible task. If it were only meant to be a success for Sega and bring profits in for Sega only, then it was and would have been more successful.

Stupid!
Wasn't it always about "economics" when something beautiful vanished?

Awesome! I'll take AMEBA and Hypertension: HoD (contains nudity?), thank you~ But the rest look pretty meh to me.

Time to dust off the good 'ole Dreamcast :)
I actually like all of those I showed, but hey at least there is more than one game that fits your taste ^^

Awesome! I'll take AMEBA and Hypertension: HoD (contains nudity?), thank you~ But the rest look pretty meh to me.

Time to dust off the good 'ole Dreamcast :)
I actually like all of those I showed, but hey at least there is more than one game that fits your taste ^^
I'll be buying all of these games except for Pier solar, I know that I would never play it. 

I still adore my dreamcast. It's such a perfect game system, I am still amazed how Sega could screw everything up like that. It's so sturdy and compact, you can take it everywhere with you (even more mobile with the tft screen but i never got that for mine) and with four controller ports, multiplayer fun is guaranteed. I bought my DC a couple of years ago at a flea market, so I was able to buy a lot of good games cheap and also get into the homebrew scene right away. This console is basically what started it all. Lots of emulators and homebrew games and a huge scene that still continues to this day. I love how all these indie developers are still making commercial games for the dreamcast. Thanks for the links guys! Lots of titles I hadn't heard about. I am especially interested in any sort of rpg for the DC.

Most of the decent shmups are fetching high prices today, good thing you can always use a backup if you are not into collecting. I have a sega naomi too but am thinking about selling it. Most gdrom games have great ports for the dreamcast and play just as well on a TV setup.

I am still missing the microphone and seamen game in my collection. Also I always used to want the broadband adapter... but I can't see myself playing phantasy star online nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be rad if the new duranik game was in 3D, still to this day I find it a shame that games like Tahi never saw the light of day, it looked really impressive.
For those wondering what game it was supposed to be: http://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/2013/08/tahi-arocean-war.html
Yes, a 3d game would be cool. I think such a thing would require a budget beyond most indie developers though. I'm keeping a close watch on this one.

Dreamcast's homebrew/Indie scene still amazes me! I got a DC SD card adapter awhile back and Wind and Water, but hope to add fruity to my preorder for a pyra as shipping for it alone is retarded to Canada :p

For people with GD-Rom issues, a cheap SD adapter is a quick way to breathe a small amount of life back into your DC ;)

Slightly OT: All these Indie retro releases nowadays totally get my money, bought last hope for NGCD, implode, mysterious song and a few others for TG-CD and pier solar and beggar price for my genesis. For the most part I usually just run them off my Pandora or another handheld if they can emulate it, but I love seeing how people decide to breathe life into the systems they grew up with. Even retro city rampage 486 version is a good example of someone giving life to old devices. (Or emulators, either way :p)

Awesome, I always hoped you picked up Sturmwind (as I was unable to complete a sale on the publishers website for technical reasons I didn't isolate).  I hope you pick up the next project that team is working on, assuming it's anything like as good.

I still adore my dreamcast. It's such a perfect game system, I am still amazed how Sega could screw everything up like that. It's so sturdy and compact, you can take it everywhere with you (even more mobile with the tft screen but i never got that for mine) and with four controller ports, multiplayer fun is guaranteed. I bought my DC a couple of years ago at a flea market, so I was able to buy a lot of good games cheap and also get into the homebrew scene right away. This console is basically what started it all. Lots of emulators and homebrew games and a huge scene that still continues to this day. I love how all these indie developers are still making commercial games for the dreamcast. Thanks for the links guys! Lots of titles I hadn't heard about. I am especially interested in any sort of rpg for the DC.

Most of the decent shmups are fetching high prices today, good thing you can always use a backup if you are not into collecting. I have a sega naomi too but am thinking about selling it. Most gdrom games have great ports for the dreamcast and play just as well on a TV setup.

I am still missing the microphone and seamen game in my collection. Also I always used to want the broadband adapter... but I can't see myself playing phantasy star online nowadays.

Well now, have I got a console for you:

VlggpCX.png

Back